The Moon Bunny - Freehand Night Sky Nail Art

Allo polish Pals!
How are you all doing today? I hope you had a exciting weekend – do share some details! Hopefully it was more exciting than mine, haha.

Today's manicure comes from the heart. I had an idea for something with hanging stars for a while but I also combined it with something I saw on pinterest (I didn't pin it – so sorry! My bad) If you've been a visitor for a while then you'll know I have a thing for stars... Sometimes when I walk the dog at night I will look for the brightest star and just think/name the people who are no longer here. Not in a sad way, but its sort of like letting them know I am thinking of them. Kinda like sending an message in some weird way. Now.. that doesn't mean that I think they are up there (Everyone has their own ideals) or that I think they are stars..It just makes me feel cozy in my heart!

You all knew I was crazy by now, right?

For this manicure I began with Mezmris Nail Lacquer base coat, 'Armor Up' and once dry applied two coats of Essence's ''Rebel At heart' and allowed to dry. I then added a thin coat of Pro-FX top coat to create a barrier between my polish and paint because.. who knows why? I'm a creature of habit! I then used black metallic acrylic paint to darken the tops of my nails and used white acrylic to fade it out so you could still see the sparkly polish beneath. I then used my finer brushes for the smaller details and finished with Mezmris Nail Lacquer's top coat.

Because I like to see how things look matte I did try it by adding a later of Wet'N'Wild's Matte top coat but this one.. was not one that looked good matte, do you agree?!

I like all nail art...but sometimes just feeling the feels out in nail art can really be therapeutic.

What do you think of my starlit cloudy sky? Do you have any habits like my star-thing that are special to you..or just make you feel better?

Have a great day, my friends. I'll catch you again on Tuesday. Take care of yourselves!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Such a lovely and dreamy design! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this design! It's very calming so I guess you hit the point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful design, I love it ♥
    And I don't think you're weird. I think it's nice to consciously remember you're loved ones who are already gone from time to time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love it, it's so adorable and original :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the texturing of the clouds on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a dream design, love every detail and the whole concept. Great one as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beauty...beauty...beautiful mani Ithi! I am loving it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are so beautiful and just magical <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Completely agree with all of the commenters above me. It's a lovely idea and you painted it beautifully.
    And I also don't think you're crazy. In fact, I do something very similar at night when I'm looking at the sky :)

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig