Freehand Jewels On Shaded, Stamped Nails

Allo polish Pals!
How are you all doing on this..thrilling Thursday?! I can't say mine will be too thrilling but I'll be out the house. Do you have anything awesome going on at the moment? Most exciting news I have is.. Bike rides! Ride, ride, ride! I don't want to go anywhere any other way now, I love Doris. I'm planning on taking my original camera out one day - its a bit grey/super hot/stormy here atm and very unpredictable and then I'll try some Panoramic pictures.

Today's manicure... is... different. I wanted to try mixing acrylic and stamping together to create something interesting. I am not sure if I made a 'good interesting' or just a bad manicure!

My aim was to shade my nails, painting greys and blacks around the nails and fading into white at the center (much like a radial gradient but done with acrylics and brushes) I wanted to give the nails a sort of 3D look. You can judge for yourselves if you think I achieved that.
As always I started with my OPI 'Nail Envy' base coat. For this manicure I began with two coats of NYC's 'Williamsburg Vintage' for my white base and added a coat of Pro-FX for a speedy dry time. I then took my acrylics and painted the edges of my nails various shades of grey and keeping the center's white. I then took my Born Pretty Store 'Black Stamping' polish and stamped each nail using my 'FUN16' nail stamping plate. Next I added a black border to all the nails and freehanded little diamonds to each other the nails, trying to shade them to look 3D. I also added Catrice's 'Matte & More' which gave it a really interesting pinky sheen!

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this nail art, I do feel like it has a sort of...Disney Villain look look about it? Maybe Malicicent would wear this grungey nail art?!

What do you think of this nail art experiment? Yay or nay?!
Have a wonderful day, I'll catch you on Saturday!

Love
Ithi
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Definitely YAY from me - it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay...yay..yay...It's outstanding dear! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay - because the shadows are pretty and this is very mysterious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful mani - great idea with the little diamonds :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shade effect looks so awesome :O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its beautiful. I loved the gems. Actually I thought its a stud at first. Definitely you achieved the 3D effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these! I thought they were decals at first. What a beautiful look :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Malificent nails... spot on description of a beautiful manicure!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig