The Moon Walkers - Freehand

Allo polish Pals!
How are you today? I hope your having a great week so far :) Everything here is pretty much as usual... which means lots of tea and nail painting once I get all my chores done, nice! Today's nail art was inspired by a picture I saw and fell in love with on Pinterest. I don't know much about the illustration but please check it out *here* - I love the rain effect and I just find this image so mesmerizing! So of course I had to take on the challenge of creating it into nail art.


For this manicure I used two coats of Barry M's 'Gold Foil' and created a gradient using Sally Hansen's 'Resurrection'. I then attempted to create a curved one stroke effect using a light yellow and gold combination to give a little glow affect around the moon. Everything else was done freehand with my Oumaxi acrylic paints and my trust Bamboo brush.

I only really have a couple of things to pick at with this manicure... I wish my black looked smoother and less jagged and that my cuticles looked tidier, the gold was a pain to clean up as it left a metallic sparkle everywhere. But that said I'm quite happy with this and I hope I did the inspiration picture justice!

What do you think of this nail art? Have you ever had moon themed nails?

Have a beautiful day!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Wow gorgeous manicure! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool mani, it really looks like they're walking on the moon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite manicures from you, I love the moon and the black shapes, it seems so difficult for me to create a manicure like this, I just love every single part of it! Love the balloon and the dog as well :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks nice! I love how "real" the moon feels :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! you totally nailed the illustration it is a really cute one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mani. I really love your art work. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely painting, I like moon themes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ithi, you are real artist my dear! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous and amazing as always! You are an artist on a tiny canvass :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous picture, fabulous nail art! Regards, Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  11. This manicure is very pretty!
    I like your artistic nail designs ;)

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig