Freehand Chobits Manga Nail Art

Allo polish Pals,
How are you today? Well, you may remember me mentioning that I wanted to try some really tricky nail art in my last post. I attempted it. I took a long time and I want to ask you, please don't laugh too hard at my attempts! My idea was to create a Japanese manga style manicure. When I was about 17-18 I used to collect graphic novels and I thought it would be awesome to try and recreate some of the images from one of the books. The book series is called Chobits, if anyone wants to know!




I warned ya, it looks like a five year old did these nails! I started with two coats of Barry M's 'Matte White' and created the rest of the nails only using acrylic in black and greys. I used my favorite bamboo detailing brush. On my ring finger I also have a coat of Barry M's 'Diamond dazzle'.

I'm not very happy with this manicure, for many many reasons but it was fun to sit and really 'try' something. I really want to play with my acrylics more often, I want to get better at small details.

What do you think about this manicure? What do you think of Japanese style art?

Have a great day!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Wow, I'm impressed, this is soooo detailed and beautiful. It's gorgeous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did an amazing job!! Don't be so hard on yourself, they really look just like the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! very artistic and unique!- I love it Ithi :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did an amazing job! This is really nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so cute, I really like it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this is insane! You're such an artist <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this anime/manga. XD
    You have made a very good job drawing the characters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww Chi is so cute! I've only watched the anime, I'll have to get into the manga, these nails are too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your nails look soooo beautiful and special to me!
    I loveee them :)

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig