Purple And Green ~ Inspired By A Dress

Allo Polish Pals!
How are you enjoying your weekend? Let me ask you something; What do you think of purple and green together? I guess this is something I've always been on the fence about, it took me long enough to get over pink and green and even then I think it has to be the right sort of shades. Today's manicure is inspired by *this* dress on Pinterest.


I used just three shades for this manicure, using Barry M's 'Plum' and 'Coconut' and Essie's 'Mint Candy Apple'. I originally wanted to do a gradient with all three of the colours but it just wasn't happening. Instead I decided to split the colours up into block coloured stripes and used coconut mixed with the two shades to create some slightly lighter tones. I finished this up with a simple taped gradient and added some silver studs.

What do you think of this manicure? Are you afraid to mix these colours?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Purple n green. I think it reminds me of orchids n petals. Loved your mani. I should try this combo too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess when I am considering if purple and green can go together I forgot that nature tells us it is entirely possible! I'd love to see your version of these colours together!

      Delete
  2. i love the color you have used ! i would do the same ;) i like your style ! perfect donne !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bubica! I'd love to see you do green and purple nails sometime! I bet you can rock the colours :) xx

      Delete
  3. Hiya! I'm glad you found my blog and commented - brought me here!

    Loving the mint in this mani and the inspiration - a dress, how fun! : )

    Followed, keep them coming, Muah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Catherine, I really enjoyed visiting and finding you blog also :)
      Sometimes I find inspiration in the most random of places, Pinterest is always great if I am lacking ideas! Thank you very much for following my blog! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Nice nail art would go great with the dress. Loving your nails :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ananka! I saw the dress and I knew I had to see if the colours would work well on nails! xx

      Delete
  5. gorgeous design I am sure it could go very well with dress:)
    Have a nice day Ithi :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never thought that green and purple work so great together. Love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so pretty! The perfect green to pair with a purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the green/white gradient with the lines through it so much!! I think purple and green go pretty well together in your design :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You mixed the right colors! Love your striping mani! Green goes with many colors - like green in the nature goes with many kinds of different colored blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow your nails look so beautiful and elegant :)

    I'm a big fan of this mani <3
    Xoxo and I hope you have a great week so far!

    Julia

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig