Essence: New York City Call (Satin) Swatch & Review ★★★★★/5

Allo polish Pals!
Hope you are doing great today! Only one more day to the weekend, are you excited? I am because I'll be leaving the house at 6.20am on Saturday to fly to England with Mr Bravo. It will be great seeing my family for five whole weeks! Because of this the next few posts will be scheduled. My Niece keeps asking my sister “how many more sleeps until Aunty Ithi is home?” ~ Awh!
Today (since I am stressed with cleaning and packing – it becomes a huge thing for me) I will be showing you a swatch of Essence's 'New York City Call'.



Colour ~ New York City Call is a light taupe/gold shade which I want to call 'cappuccino' but that's just me... It has a beautiful soft gold tint and dries to a very sweet matte satin finish.

Application ~ Application is great, it has the good old usual rounded Essence brush which means it is easy to get the polish in all the right places. I had no trouble with bubbles or streaking and I found it to dry really fast – I was impressed! I would say it applies like a metallic but once it takes its mattified form any brush strokes disappear into this nice soft finish.

Texture ~ The texture of this polish is somewhere in between thick and thin, I found that limiting how much I had on the brush gave me a nice flawless finish.

★★★★★/5 For the price of an Essence polish I was really impressed with this one. As you guys probably know I am a huge fan of Barry M's Silk Collection and this is exactly what it reminds me of. I love the delicate finish and for a beige/brown polish it is not too over bearing. I find it incredibly flattering and it would be a great polish for many types of nail art.

What do you think of this satin finished gold? Would you wear this shade?

Next time I post I'll be in England! Have a great day!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Interesting shade and finish. Hope you'll have a nice stay in England too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. real satin ! i dont have this one ! it is amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the finish. I've got this one too! :-)

    Oh exciting times heading home again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you know I love delicate nail polish and this one looks so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color and the beautiful satin finish. I wish you all the best for your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This brown shade from essence looks very awnsome to me!
    I love it ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig