Catrice: Lime Heart Beating Like A Jungle Drum Swatch & Review ★★★★★/5

Allo polish Pals!
How are you doing today? I hope your week has been fabulous so far? I've been enjoying my time in England so far. Last time I saw my nephew he was a new born baby and now he is crawling around all over the place and giving me beautiful smiles and giggles. I've also done a couple work outs using my exercise ball (Oh how I missed that!) and of course spending time with Mr Bravo and my family. I've also been eating all the foods I miss (tons of vegetables from my dads garden!) and enjoyed taking my dog Charlie on dog walks again. Enough about me! Today I am showing you a swatch and review of Catrice's 'Lime Heart Beating Like A Jungle Drum'.

Colour ~ 'Lime Heart Beating Like A Jungle Drum' (Lets call it LHBLAJD...That looks as if I've just hit my head on the keyboard repeatedly..) is a beautiful bright yellow with a hint of lime; I would say this is certainly more on the yellow side. I actually did think this was just yellow when I picked it out in the store – probably their lighting.

Application ~ Wonderful!! Seriously, I was applying LHBLAJD back in Holland at super speed so I could have pictures ready for my vacation and despite the rushing application I endured zero bubbles. It is amazingly self leveling which means I had a beautiful and flawless finish. The dry time is also above average I'd say.

Texture ~ I would have to say the texture of LHBLAD is pretty equal in terms of thickness or how watery it is. I'm describing it as a crème but I'm not 100% sure – either way the texture gave me no problems and the end result was an incredibly smooth and perfect finish.

★★★★★/5 Another polish worth awarding five stars! Let me explain why... application was entirely fool proof even though I was layering on the coats without allowing ample dry time. You can see the end result told a different story. Also I think that if your like me and struggle to buy yellows (I just find it hard, I'll end up with neon or pastel and be stuck) then the touch of lime to this polish really makes it quite unique.

What do you guys think of this yellow-lime polish? What's your opinion on yellow nail polish? ~ *Just another little thing... If anyone would be interested in teaming up with me for a manicure swap don't hesitate to ask!

Have a great day!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. it is unique lemon lime color ! so lovely !
    i am glad you have a nice time in your country ITHI
    have a nice day , dear !
    i will let you know when i am ready for mani swap.i just dont have free time till september :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bubica! It is nice to be home with everybody :) YES please do let me know if/when you would like to do a manicure swap, I can already think of some I would love to recreate of your manicures :) xx

      Delete
  2. Oh how awesome! Thanks a lot for your review, I often have doubts about yellow polishes as they can be tricky or steaky but if I find Lime Heart Beating I'll definitely pick it up now after reading you review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you for thanking me, Robin! :D I am doubtful too with yellows, I can tell you there are no issues with streaks AT ALL with this polish, great huh? :) I do really recommend this one. I am so happy with how it looks when I am wearing it. :) xx

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you're having a great time back in England, I'm so happy for you :)
    What a fantastic shade! it looks gorgeous on you, and it is really difficult to find yellows for me too. I really like your new nail shape btw!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am, Natalia! Its so lovely spending time with my family, I missed my three year old Niece terribly so spending lots of time chatting and playing with her is great :) I like this one a lot, thank you for your kind words! I'm still not 100% on the nail shape, to me the thumb is weird but I think I'm still just getting used to it! xxx

      Delete
  4. Very nice shade of yellow :-)

    How did the tail end of the hurricane effect you down there? We've had heavy rain and a lot colder weather up here in Scotland! This last week, I can ever tell if it's the end of the hurricane or just normal Scottish weather lol! We are all starting to think our summer is well a truly over :-|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ananka! It was awful here yesterday! We had heavy rain on and off all day and some thunder. I'm so sorry to hear it was crappy up in Scotland also, I hope it clears up soon! Today has been much better and the sun has been out but now that I am thinking of taking the dog out for a walk there are some nasty looking grey clouds - Just my luck, ha! The weather was much more 'stable' in Holland, for sure! xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely shade, I'm more and more into yellows lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, A.Notcopyacat! Me too, I've never been the biggest yellow fan but they are growing on me :) xx

      Delete
  6. Your nails look AMAZINGG!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice color. :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you are having such an amazing time with your family. You sound really happy and upbeat. I'm not usually a yellow polish girl but I really like how this one looks x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy you are having a wonderful time at home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute yellow! glad to hear the formula was good too... yellows are notoriously difficult!!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig