Hema: Holographic Blue Swatch & Review ★★★/5

Allo polish Pals!
How are you today? I can tell you I've had the most bizarre start to the week. Last night was just super weird... I wont go into details because it is just too odd. Anyway, luckily enough this cold seems to be on its way out and I am excited because once I've posted this blog post I'm going to pop out and buy myself a piece of yummy herring fish – something that is popular to eat here in Holland and perfect for me since I am crazy for sushi and basically any type of fish. Yum! Do you like sea food? Today I am showing you one of my latest additions to my collection which is Hema's Holographic polish in blue.


Colour ~ Hema's Blue Holographic polish is a light steely blue colour with subtle holographic popping through. I would say that I find the colour a little more blue in person although it can be quite deceptive as in low light it almost looks silver and without the holo. You need light for this baby to shine!

Application ~ This was my first ever Hema holo and I have to say I was impressed with the application, it applied smoothly and dried pretty fast. I had no trouble at all with this polish. I can tell you that if you notice my middle nail looks a bit weird that is from the tea bag repair going on underneath and entirely nothing to do with the polish itself.

Texture ~ Like many holographic polishes I found this polish to be on the watery side, I had no problems at all with the texture and it dried to a beautiful glossy finish.

★★★/5 This is my first blue holographic polish since my Nubar polish got lost in the mail (Remember I mentioned before how my mother tried to send some of my polish just after I moved to Holland – sad face) and while I do really love it I guess I wish it was just a little more blue. That said I can not find any fault with this polish and I recommend that if you are able to go to a Hema store then to check out their range – they have some great polishes lurking around!

What do you guys think of this blue holo; Do you think it is blue enough? Have you had a chance to try any Hema polishes?

Have a great day!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Ooh I didn't know Hema had holographic polishes! I'll have to go and check it out :) This one looks really nice, although I agree with you that it's more a silver than a blue polish. I really like the subtle holographicness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin! Yes they do, did you also see the chameleon collection too? They are also quite pretty! I did think it was slightly more blue in person but its not a bright vivid blue - I'm lemming for a polish like that! xx

      Delete
  2. This is pretty and I like the colour and the subtle holo effect. :-)

    Never tried any Hema polishes - don't think they are over here? Certainly not in Scotland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ananka! I'm glad you like it :) Hema is a department store here in Holland which carries all kinds of items including their own cosmetic brand. I don't know if it is possible to find Hema polishes online but I'm pretty certain you wont find a Hema Store in Scotland or England :( xx

      Delete
  3. glad you are feeling better :) this is a lovely color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much little monster! It is quite a cute shade isn't it? :) xx

      Delete
  4. Like the silver blue shade of this holo polish, it's quite special! Fantastic swatch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Manses, I do rather like this polish! xx

      Delete
  5. It is very pretty to my eyes! I hope your week has got better in the meantime. I'll get to you later for the mani swap ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalia! I got your email and will reply later to confirm some dates with you. I'm feeling a lot better thank you! I hope you are doing ok with your foot too! <3 xx

      Delete
  6. I like this color a lot and it suits you great! It's a soft blue but not too soft. Last year I wanted to buy Hema's holographic polishes when I was in Holland but sadly they were sold out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful, but I can see what you mean about wishing it to be more blue. Holos are usually a little more muted in color due to all the shimmers, so I really love it when I find an intensely-colored holo. :) I love seafood too; they are my favorite type of "meat". :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig