Big Drama, Little Nails. Holographic Stamping & MoYouNails

It was a warm dusky summer evening and the air was heavy. She was feeling lethargic as she lay on the bed resting the dull ache within her ribs. The clock read 9.05pm and she smiled knowing it was a good time for a glass of wine and yet another episode of Bate's Motel. She drew the make shift table which once began life as a cardboard box on the bed closer to herself and admired the collection of beautiful polishes and tools that laid out before her. Heaven. She gasped in shock at the latest drama's in her new favorite tv show as she rubbed the cotton pad over her nails, absent mindlessly removing the traces of blue and green polish that had once been worn with pride. There was a snag. Her eye's instantly darted to her finger nails and in sheer horror and disbelieve she gasped at the rip in her middle finger. It was a rip, defiantly a rip, no two ways about it. She ran down the two flights of stairs and into the kitchen, swinging kitchen cupboards open in a crazed frenzy and began searching for her miracle. She gave a sigh of relief as she found what she was looking for, an old forgotten tea bag that wouldn't be missed! ...But she knew this was far from over. As she dragged her defeated body back up stairs she surveyed the spread laid out on the box, deciding and undecided on a course of action... With a heavy heart she picked up the clippers and knew...Things would never be the same again...




Allo, polish Pals!
Well I hope you enjoyed my dramatic tales over a trivial subject! Luckily the nail survived with length (It ripped right at the start of the free edge) but I used the tea trick and I don't think you'd know its ripped without me telling you. While I was at it I decided to try a different shape and a shorter length and I am quite liking how my nails look now – what do you think?

For this manicure I started with two coats of Color Club's 'Cloud Nine' and stamped my index, middle and pinky with Model's Own's 'Purple Grey' and this gorgeous pattern from my MoYouNails 221 plate. On my thumb and ring finger I created a white triangle and added Barry M's 'Diamond Glitter' back on top.

What do you guys think of this manicure? Do you like Holographic polishes with stamping>
Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I think, your nails are absolute all right :) The colours and the pattern look good, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Szilvia! I'm glad you like the combination I used :) <3

      Delete
  2. very subtle nail art ! love all things that you have combined !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bubica! Yes I thought something soft and subtle would be a nice change after such a bright manicure! xx

      Delete
    2. i have also one , the smallest finger , ripped between on the root and free line.
      but also i put piece of plastic bag, super glue for plastic nails, than again glue,,and all done!
      they were longer then in 976 post ..it happenden to me in 19th june.. just make this hand shorter nails and all done :) it is growing , slowly , and i put a little bit of nail polish super glue under nail plate, to feel more comfortable and safe(not to break it all), because i have to do all house and what ever jobs with my hands ! so dont worry it will grow up.i have to post it.didnt do it yet !i will let you know dear :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much, Margriet! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nails look so great!
    I love this manicure,
    your nails look so detailed and I like the colors that you used to create this mani :)

    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god the start of this post had me in stitches. Brilliant opening!! Sorry to hear about your rip but I love the new length and shape xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! You made me laugh! The delicate stamping is grea on the holographic base.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your story! all too real for me :-P

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing looking! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha I love your creative writing at the beginning ;) I actually really like this shorter length on you! Love the stamping over the holo too!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig