Witches Brew ~ A Bewitching Layering

Allo polish Pals!
How are you today? I can't believe how warm it is here in Holland, almost 20 degrees in March. The sun is shining and the birds are singing. It's quite a beautiful day! What's your weather like at the moment where you are? Today I have just a quick post to show you featuring a polish I have hardly used as I never know what to pair it with; It's not quite a swatch but I don't consider it 'nail art' either but none the less I thought it would be great to see what you all think of this... It makes me think of a witches brew!

I'm wearing two coats of Model's Own's 'Amethyst' and decided to layer glitter over the top.
I opted for Klean Color’s 'Chunky Holo Black'. While the glitter its self is not so much holographic as duo chrome I thought it made a really interesting combination with the purple base. Since Chunky Holo's base is a very sheer black you could still see the sparkle from 'Amethyst'.
My only 'meh' about this is that the end result looked quite thick but I am really interested to see what you think of this layering combo.

What do you think of this manicure? Do you like the unusual mixture of colours or is it just too much for you? I was also debating about how to 'up' this into nail art but I couldn't bring myself to stamp a pattern because I didn't want to lose the amazing glitter colours.

Have a beautiful day!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. wow, this is so wonderful colour! Purple with shiny glitter I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fife, I really liked the combination too! :) xx

      Delete
  2. i really like the mixture of colours, so many colour means so much to look at and i bet it looks so different in different lights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lolly, It really did have quite a strong effect when I moved my hand in the light. I guess its not so good for those who are feint hearted with glitter! xx

      Delete
  3. must say i am speechless ! you made perfect choice ! your nails are beautiful ! so so beautiful ! bravo dear!
    i am glad you have nice weather, we have too , here about 20 -22 in Belgrade !
    wonderful day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Bubica! I am so glad you like this too :) Really lovely to hear your having such beautiful weather! Sadly today we had some rain, just a reminder that summer isn't here yet, hehe :) xx

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful, Chunky holo black was my first kleancolor, I must dig it out!
    Its sunny in England today, but not that warm. Sunshine means one thing - dig out an untried holo :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie, this was also my first Klean Color polish too! Admittedly my collection is really small (two plus a few mini's) so I hope to build it up one day! I look forward to seeing what you pair Chunky with! :) xx

      Delete
  5. This is so so so pretty! I agree that it looks a little thick but other than that it looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice! I'm kind of glad you agree that its a little thick, I think it didn't help that Amethyst is quite a thick polish as is. :) xx

      Delete
  6. I think, this is amazing! Or evem more than amazing!:) Looks incedible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that is one stunning polish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I really like that colour combination! Your nails look just amazing :)

    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful glitter :). I've woken up to bright sunshine today although it feels chilly still x

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig