Model's Own: Amethyst Swatch & Review ★★★/5

Allo polish Pals,
How are you doing today? Have you had a good week so far? I have to admit I've spent the last few days in bed, luckily enough I've been taken good care of by Mr Bravo. I hope you guys are feeling in good health! I'm going to let you into a little secret that bares relevance to today's swatch. Back in my teen years I used to dress in what you'd consider gothic clothing, I had the lot. The black lipstick, spiky dog collars and even the 5ft platform boots with straps and lace all up the sides (The list goes on) While I say each to their own I am much happier with a wardrobe full of bright and colourful garments, Oh.. and shoes I don't fall over in! (That actually happened with said boots. In a store..) So... ♥ Today I have a polish I have been so keen to share with you, Amethyst from Model's Own's 'Velvet Goth' Collection.

Colour ~ Amethyst is a deep and gorgeous medium purple, delicately encrusted with an abundance of purple glitter. In the light it sometimes appears that the glitter turns into a gorgeous magenta shade which gives this purple a warmer feeling rather than cool.

Application ~ I can't lie to you guys... had some trouble. For one thing, because of the texture of Amethyst it meant that it was less easy than usual to get a nice clean coat by the cuticles. It also meant that covering the sides of my nail was a little trickier. Apart from that I was happy and with two layers of top coat she sparkled like a beauty.

Texture ~ Maybe its just me but I find the texture of the polish to apply a little troublesome. The texture of the polish is rather jammy and thick and will dry to a dull/matte finish that could be mistaken for a textured polish. I'm personally not a fan of Amethyst sans top coat which is why you are seeing the glossy version right now.

★★★/5 A little bit of a mixed review right? I absolutely love the finished result, the intense glitter is absolutely stunning to see in person but the application of Amethyst is a little tiring. I do think its totally worth it - Amethyst is an investment to any collection f you have nothing similar. And if you scared of the glitter removal it is easily a banished problem by using the foil-removal method.

What do you think of Amethyst? Have you tried any of the 'Velvet Goth' Collection?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I haven't tried anything from that collection but this one looks amazing;) love it!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really stunning in the light, so sparkly! I've only tried two but they both seem great :) xx

      Delete
  2. Lol so fun to read about your little secret...;-) But not so fun to read that you're still ill and in bed. Glad that Dr Bravo is taking care of you. <3
    What can I say about this polish? Hmm, it's fantastic, sooo amazing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found it amusing, teenagers, eh?! Thank you so much Ann-Sofie, I'm lucky to have 24/hr care ha. I'm glad you like this one! xx

      Delete
  3. wow, this colour is absolutely awesome! love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ♥ adorable.this nail color is stunning ! love to see your swatches ! but bottle is also cute !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks beautiful on you, the combination of purple and black is always nice. :P Also thanks for sharing :)
    Hope you'll get better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The polish looks gorgeous on you. No more gothic clothing but maybe more gothic nail polish for you? ;) Sad thing about the texture but the glitter makes it worth trying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ithi. I have the polishes from the velvet goth collection. Amethyst is the only one I've used twice and I was so disappointed to find it had gone thick and gloopy. I agree that it made neat cuticle lines hard to achieve so I felt disappointed. I love your swatches with top coat as it really brings out the depth of colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty Polish - a shame its so hard to apply though! If not I may have had to go get one myself as it actually looks really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a gorgeous polish! actually in my teen years i dressed really punk! red plaid skirts, black eyeliner, skulls, safety pins, fishnets in school, everything! that's funny we have that little past fashion in common!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig