Free Bird ~ Freehand and Feather Fail-a-cure

Allo polish Pals!
Hows the beginning of your week going? I was far less productive today then was really needed, I guess it was the Monday feeling! Today I'm going to cut straight to it and show you something I created over the weekend. I'm not loving this. I originally started with the design in reds/copper but it just didn't seem right... I then created this. I then started over with the same colours to improve what I saw as flaws... That didn't work out well and I hated the pictures even more than these ones. Eeh! So I am really curious to see what you guys think of this.
I started with two coats of Fogan's 06 on all my nails except my ring-ding finger. On top of this I created stripes using KleanColor's 'Coffee Addict' and Picture Polishes 'Sky' with a nail art brush. I later added the pattern using black Acrylic paint (which to me looks faded and patchy in places – my fault!) and Kiss nail art striper in black. On my ring-ding finger I applied Coffee Addict and added a real feather on top. You see I used no striping tape as I intended to show you just the patterned version where you wouldn't see where the colours meet..

Maybe I took too many risks... I still really like these colours together so perhaps I will try something else with them. ~ What do YOU think of this manicure?

Have a lovely evening!
Ithi

SHARE:

13 comments

  1. hello dear ! why dont you like it ! it come out wonderful !pattern is beautiful ! this is very neat work, and i truly love this !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bubica :) I guess I just thought it could be better, sometimes I am very fussy with my nail art and I start over all over again but thank you so much, I'm glad you liked it :) xx

      Delete
  2. Ithi these are stunning. So clever and talented. I love the feather accent so very much xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lou! :) I like the feather too, somehow it all kind of came about my coincident, ha :) xx

      Delete
  3. I am thinking, this mani is awesome! Especially this feather one- wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fife! I like using feathers, have you used them for nail art? I really like the texture! xx

      Delete
  4. I like the version with the black pattern. That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked both versions! The first one feels more tribal (of course) and the second more natural and elegant. Think I prefer the second one actually :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Gelic! I think I agree with liking the simple before version because I see slightly less mistakes, I'm being picky perhaps! xx

      Delete
  6. I always love a feather accent, and I particularly like the design on the thumb. I really have no idea why you don't like it as I really do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think these look amazing! I love the first one :) Coffee Addict is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig