Pink & Green Must Never Be Seen...?

Allo polish Pals!
How are you today? Doesn't time fly, we're already half way through the week! Hope your weather is ok and if your in England please stay safe on the roads with all the flood warnings issued. Today I have a manicure which is something that leaves me feeling conflicted. I remember years ago someone telling me that ”Pink and green must never be seen” and its something I never managed to forget. I don't like rules when it comes to colours just as I don't like being told what colours I should wear each season. So with that in mind and inspiration from Pinterest (There are so many cute designs for gift wrapping featuring green and pink) I decided to go against the grain and face my fear!
I noticed after I'd photographed there was some bubbles on my index finger..boo :(
On all my nails except my ring-ding finger I applied two coats of Model's Own 'Sophie's Pink'. Using striping tape I created a center section and added Essie's 'Navigate her' which is a beautiful avocado green. I then took a dotting tool and created polka dots using Barry M's 'Matte White'. On my ring finger I applied two coats of 'Navigate Her' and using 'Sophie's Pink' to stamp a cute little bow from one of my Cheeky nail stamping plates  and completed by adding more polka dots.

I am actually quite taken with the colours and design... I wasn't sure if I was going to love or hate this once it was finished and I guess its not for every one but it makes me think of a child's birthday party dress.. Or something like that! Cheery sums it up.

What do you think of this hot pink and avocado green combination? Do you mix pink and green, or should it never be seen?!

Have a great day!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. i love this color combo,and i will wear this too ! i like the way you made your nails ! again something new and interesting from you ! superb !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bubica! If you do a manicure like this I want to see it! :) I'm glad you liked it! xx

      Delete
  2. I love this design and the color combo looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think maybe sometimes it should never be seen but those rules don't apply to nail polish! these look brilliant, makes it look really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree that polish is an exception! Thank you Lolly :) xx

      Delete
  4. This is very sweet! Pink and green makes a wonderful combo! Nature is full of pink and green ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stadwaldvogel! So true, I was looking through exotic flowers also when I knew I wanted to do pink and green. Mother Nature can't be wrong, can she? :P xx

      Delete
  5. i love pink and green together, this mani is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am ask,itself in love with this look! Pink and green are my favourite colours and I just love the style you created. I may have to recreate this when I get back from my hols. Very beautiful Ithi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful manicure. I love the combination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable!! :D I love it, I could wear this any day :D

    I've actually haven't heard about the nono to pink/green when I was growing up, maybe because it doesn't rhyme in swedish like the english sayings ;) But I have heard of it later. What really was "wrong" when I grew up was pink/red combined. I also heard a swed say that pink and orange shouldn't be combined. Anyhow, I LOVE breaking the color rules! Like my minnie nail art with pink and red. I also want to try the other "not combinable" colors.

    But then again I think it's a matter or perspective. I would any day of the week wear the same nail art you're showing here, but I wouldn't like to wear green pants with white dotts and a pink sweater and bows. I mean, many colorful nail art's are adorable on the nails but I wouldn't always wear them as a whole outfit. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWW,!

    These colors look soo cute together! I really like the mix of pink and advocado green ;)
    Yeahh like this manicure ;)



    Xx Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whole mani looks fantastic, wonderful combination of colours! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so not a pink lover...but this??? LOOKS AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig