Nails Inspired by... Frogs!

Allo polish Pals,
How are you today? Today's manicure is actually one I created earlier in the week. I had so many good idea's planned that once again I was trying too hard. Sometimes I think that trying too hard can leave me even less productive. Recently I was doing some googling for interesting creatures and I came across a little beauty called a Poison Dart Frog. I was really taken to the blue shades and funky pattern. You know I love blue! After I created this I suddenly remembered that the ever so lovely Gelic had also done a poison dart frog in the past (I hadn't remembered which frog due to different colours, duuh). I much prefer her version!


I started with two coats of DA's '045' and created a gradient using Gabrini in 'N04' which is a sheer bright neon blue. I then took W7's black and created the spots using various sized dotting tools.

My version of the Poison Dart frog is pretty simple but I do love the blue gradient. Anything with blue or gradients and I'm happy. I'm also hoping to try some fishy colours and patterns too very soon.

What do you think of this manicure? Have you created manicures based on natural colours and markings?

Enjoy your Thursday!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. This was so awesome! I loved this! :D Your version was awesome too. <3 All these "inspire by"-nail art's always end up so cool! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gelic, I prefer yours with the flash of bright colour! I didn't actually realize I had so many 'Inspired by' posts.. I think I should make it a permanent weekly thing or something! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow this is so cool. Great gradient and colours. Love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh - liking this! Inspiration from nature always has to be good I think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more, Amanda! Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. I am always happy when I see something blue on your/my nails, too! :-) Great idea to re-print a frogs pattern! Your gradients are truly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to find another blue fan! Thank you so much. I still think they can look really messy but I guess throwing a print on top can help save/hide that if need be! Hehe :p

      Delete
  5. Awesome Ithi! I love this nailart, you've used such beautiful shades of blue, it's really vivid :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh this came out very well! my boyfriend has been trying to get me to do frog nails for ages lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! nice.This blog post really grabbed my attention. With that said I am going to subscribe. Therefore I will get more updates on what you have to say. Please keep writing as I want to learn more. best nail salon

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig