Moonstone And Black Rubber ~ Pigment Manicure

Allo polish Pals!
How are you doing today? I hope your having a fantastic weekend! I was a little pampered this weekend, being treated by my Partner. Greek food, so delicious! My weekend has been filled with nail polish, wine and reruns of Desperate Housewives. Deary me! Unfortunately my nail polish adventures where a little lack-luster which is why the post was delayed. I knew just how I wanted something to look so I wouldn't stop until I got there!
For this manicure I started with two luscious coats of Barry M's Gelly 'Prickly Pear' and added various pigments by Pure Luxe on top with the intent of creating a colour shift similar to a moonstone/opal (When I move my hand in the light I can see it!) I then added very slim French tips in W7's Black and added Model's Own Pro matte topcoat on top.

I really wanted a a strong contrast between the shimmery pigments and I think I achieved that with the slightly out of place tips! Only one thing bothered me a little.. You can still see a tiny bit of shine on the black but I could get so picky.

What do you think of this manicure? Do you like the contrast between the nail polish and the black tips?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Hi Ithi! I love this mani! The matte tips look great, and the pygment idea is just genius! When you originally did that I thought: wow so creative! and this version is even better. I absolutely need to try it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Natalia! I do like how subtle the colours are! I'd love to see your version :)

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful, you're so creative! :D I also really like your nails, they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gelic your so kind :) They are at a length I really like now but I swear they grow faster than jelly beans! I couldn't go back to really short nails now haha :)

      Delete
  3. Ah, and your header is changed! Didn't see that at first. How long have you had it? Ie. have I been blind or did you just change it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your not blind! I only added it on Friday, I think. I thought it was time for a change up :D

      Delete
  4. I love this look, the blue shimmery polish on top of the purple is gorgeous! The black tips really bring out the shimmer, very original :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nail Snail! The shimmer you see on top of the purple is actually eye shadow! ;)

      Delete
  5. that opal color is amazing! so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig