Guest Blogger: Sam From Polished Art

Allo polish Pals!
How are you all doing today? Today's post is from Guest Blogger Sam of Polished Art. Because the Guest Blogger posts are quite long please click the read more tab below.

You can find Sam at the following links: Polished ArtFacebook Pinterest

 ---

So Sam, can you start by telling us a little bit about yourself?
Hello everyone! Firstly can I say a huge thank you to Ithi for featuring me :) My name is Sam, and I live in the UK. I’m from Wales, but I studied at Liverpool University, and now find myself in Kent. So I’ve pretty much covered most of the country, just need to live in Scotland for a bit now! By day I’m a Medical Physicist, by night a nail polish obsessive.


How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to start a blog? 
I’ve been blogging for just over a year. Last year I did teacher training (horrible mistake) and was busy busy busy. The day after I finished the course I just had so much time to fill! I’d been reading a few nail blogs, and I’d been posting pictures of my nails on Facebook, so I just decided to give starting a blog a go. It was all very exciting when I got my first follower (well, second after my boyfriend!).
 

Can you tell us a manicure you are most proud of?
Hmm...this is a tricky one. There’s some that I’m proud of because I thought they’d be a total disaster and actually they turned out okay, and some that I’m proud of because they took flipping ages. I was pretty pleased with my Olympic torch last summer (I was loving the Olympics – they inspired so many manicures!). I used tape to outline the torch, but like I just used one strip for each side, so all my fingers were taped together. And they were taped together for the time it took to do two coats and let those dry, then a little sponging and let that dry, and them some dots...my fingers didn’t want to straighten by the time I took the tape off!


Is there a nail trend that you just don't understand/like?
Textured polish. What is that all about? I’ve thought they were hideous ever since I saw the first swatches of some, but obviously I still had to buy some. They’re even more hideous in real life. I tried out the Barry M ones and they are just disgusting. They feel horrible, and they get so dirty! I did try to make myself like them by using them for some nail art (like below), but it didn’t work... So no thank you, I shall stick to smooth and shiny nails.
What a beautiful colour combination!
What colours do you find yourself reaching for most often?
At the moment it’s all about Barry M Peach Melba, because I’ve convinced myself it makes me look really tanned. I think the colours I probably use most often though are white and nudes, as they make good bases for nail art.


Are there three nail products you can't live without?
Seche Vite. I actually can’t understand how there are people who still don’t use this. It’s amazing stuff! It means I only have to hop about for a couple of minutes after finishing my manicure before I can go to the loo! Before I discovered fast dry topcoats I used to get so fed up of crease lines in my manicure when I woke up in the morning. And smudging! Oh don’t even get me started on smudging... 

Other products...hmm...actually acetone has to be up there. There’d be no glitter going anywhere near my nails if I didn’t have acetone. And what would I use to clean my nail art brushes?

 Finally, nail art pens! These allow me to get fine details that I just wouldn’t be able to achieve with a brush – and believe me, I’ve tried. I just wish Barry M would hurry up and make them in every single colour that exists.

Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
Thank you all for reading, and I hope you enjoyed my nail art! And thanks again to Ithi for letting me loose on her blog!

Thank you Sam for guest blogging today, fabulous post! Don't forget to go visit Sam's blog to see all her amazing nail art!

Have a wonderful day!
Love
Ithi 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Oh wow I love all the nails here - now following you!
    I also don't like textured polish, it just looks so so weird, although i've never found that mine has got dirty despite only having the light pink Barry M textured polish

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig