Pastel Gradient Meets Glittery Stripes

All polish Pals! How are you doing today? I hope the weather is gorgeous where you are, we've had a few lovely days here. I'm a total sun cat so its great for me. Today I have a gradient tape manicure to share with you! ~ Its pretty obvious I am a gradient (ombre) fan, right?! But how do you like gradient manicures? I know a lot of people use different methods. When I first started trying to do ombre nails I saw many tutorials and in the end none of them really 'worked' for me. I ended up trying a pretty backwards way and I found that easier! I guess different things work for different people!
 
 
 
For this one I started with two luscious coats of pIcture pOlish's 'Twinkle' (If you missed my review you can catch it here along with swatches) before sponging on pIcture pOlishes 'Sky' onto the tips. On my middle finger and pinkie I mummified my nails with striping tape and then added Color Club's 'Glitter Wonderland'. The tape look is a fair bit messier then I had hoped for but I do like the contrast between the gradient and the striping. My middle finger had SO much tape on it that it was a mission and a half to get it all off quickly but carefully so please excuse the cuticle mess.
I personally love love love how Twinkle and Sky look together, its such a soft blend.

What do you guys think of this look? Have a fantastic day and don't forget to smile!

Love
Ithi
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Is this very hard to do? I like the gradient look and haven't seen anyone (besides in mags) give it a try. I love interesting nail choices! Fn!

    Visiting from the chic blog network!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Queentob! I don't find this too hard to do but I can tell you when I first started it wasn't so easy. It takes a little practice and I think I still need more. I find the easiest way is to sponge the second color on. I always dip a little polish into a disposable surface then dab it on carefully. A top coat of Seche Vite helps to blend the colors together too :)

      Delete
  2. WOW love the tape design you created! And the colors are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know I;m terrible at gradients haha, this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pssh, your better than you think! :) Thank you! x

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! the gradient is perfect, is really one of your strongest points at nail art I guess, would you reveal the secret of your technique? Well, you chose the colours wonderfully because they seem to blend so smoothly. I don't know how you do it, but the result is stunning.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalia! I should really do a step by step picture of my gradients sometime soon! I think this was one of the easier gradients because they are both smooth and creamy but I do think my top coat helps smooth out the finished gradient. Thank you so much :) xx

      Delete
  5. I love gradient nails but I don't think I can do it well haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Practice makes perfect as they say! I think a big part of it is finding the technique that works best for you; Many of the ways I tried a while ago never worked out too well, trust me! :)

      Delete
  6. This tape design is brilliant. I love the colours you used and I love any type of gradient nails. I am yet to try a full gradient mani and so far have only ventured into sponging glitter on my nail tips :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bootfiul! Those stripes are so neat!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig