Queens Day Nails!

Allo polish Pals!
Happy Queens Day to you all from Holland. Yes, today is queens day and I have done not a lot! I have a nice glass of orange wine, I saw the celebrations on tv and have spent the day being pretty lazy, really! I did however work on my Queens day manicure which is suitably orange! I decided not to do the Dutch flag this time since I only did that a few months ago. Instead I used the red, white and blue gems to represent the flag colours. So far I have loved my time here in Holland!


I started with two coats of DA 021 on all nails before applying Model's Own 'Gold Rush' (By gosh! I forgot what a shimmery beauty this one is) to the tips. On my middle finger I used my black kiss nail art pen to outline a crown and filled it in using Gold Rush. I then added the gems once my top coat was tacky. Something I would really like to get better at is freehand nail art. I am trying a lot of new techniques lately; I'll keep practising! What I really want is really smooth crisp outlines.. One day!

Are you celebrating Queens Day? What do you think of this simple manicure?
Do you like the contrast between DA 021 and Gold Rush?
Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Love
Ithi

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Hi Ithi! What a lovely mani! And you're right gold rush is so shimmery beautiful.
    I've heard today Holland's Queen is abdicating to her son Willem-Alexander, and the reason why that interests me is that the new queen of Holland is an Argentinian girl like me! lol
    Well, I liked her blue dress very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalia!
      Yes you are correct, we have a King now! I did too, I enjoyed seeing everybody all dressed up, some of the dresses were stunning!

      Delete
  2. Awww...this mani is so cute! Love the color combos and design. I also love the gold glitters on the upper part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Gold rush is a perfect gold!

      Delete
  3. Lovely mani, I love orange :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love how well coral and gold goes together,very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes its a pretty combo I think!

      Delete
  5. Love the orange and love the freehand crown :) xx

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig