Spring Piggy

Allo polish Pals!

How are you all doing today? I hope you had an amazing week – tell me your highlight from this week. Today I am off to work but I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend.

This will be my last weekend at home as I have agreed to work Sundays. Its all day but its extra hours which is good. I'll also be pretty much on my own in the fragrance department and apparently they wanted me to do it as they know that I know my stuff. Quite flattering.

Because of this I have decided to cut my posts down to twice a week. I want to be as organised and as well planned as always so I feel that changing my post days will help me achieve that and keep the blog flowing as well as it has been (obviously more hours = less painting time but I feel I can keep up if I switch it a bit) My new posting days will be Monday and Thursday which will start next week and into the beginning month.

Today's nail art is summoning up all the visions of spring one could possibly want – where did our sun go by the way?! Look at this little piggy enjoying a nice mud bath! He looks pretty happy, don't you think?









I'm quite pleased with how this design turned out. I tried a pig before this design and I just wasn't feeling it at all. I think I could his joyful expression and the spring feeling down just how I imagined it.

For this design I began with my OPI Nail Envy base coat (a must for strong and healthy nails. I swear by this stuff!) And then moved on to two coats of ORLY's 'White Tips' for a nice blank canvas. I used blue acrylic for my sky, blending it into a light blue towards the tips of my nails using a medium sized brush (acrylic-gradient) For all the smaller details I switched to my Pure Color brush in a size 10. I sealed the entire design with coats of Pro-FX top coat and once dry applied my Barry M matte top coat for a very smooth finish.

What do you think of my spring piggy? Does it feel like spring where you are?

Thank you so much for dropping by, I hope you have a fantastic day! Don't forget to come back on Monday for another nail art design – HINT Get ready for some extreme 3D nail art!



Love,
Ithi
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. your spring piggy is amazing,i don't even know how you pull these off.it's super fabulous well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO real highlights form my week except had some amazingly good reads. I love the sly little smirk you added on the little guy it gives him an almost mischievous look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can actually read some story from your nails. This pig look like having so much fun on a hot sunny day afternoon. Lying down and having a hot mud bath, what a great day to spend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Around here (SC in the USA) spring has definitely sprung and this year it's a good one! Usually it gets too hot too fast. I LOVE this piggy nail art!! My son would flip for this one haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very talented and your drawing skills are amazing.This piggy nails are too cute. :)

    Hugs and kisses from DD's blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love nail art but I am no where near where you are! Your nails are amazing! How long did it take you to create it?

    Nicole Vick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you are really good at nails. I really wish I had such a steady hand to be able to paint like that. Really creative and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww your spring piggy is the cutest little thing ever! How awesome that you impressed at work so much they will let you work alone, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I must say you are a true artist! This looks amazing!! How can I get you do do my nails, so wonderful. I love Orly too it’s one of my favorite brands. Do you work at a salon cause you should!!-Chastity

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg! this naildo is too cute! the piglet might not be my favorite thing to have on me but this one sure is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Spring piggy is adorable! I love it, it has such a witty expression! I think you are right to want to be more organized, now that you'll work more hours, it wouldbe stressful to try to keep up with the same blogging schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this nail art. It is so unique and fun.
    Nailil
    http://thirtyminusone.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, the layer of lacquer really made a difference to the look! Have you tried drawing 3 little pigs? It will be fun to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww the piggy art is so perfect and detailed! How do do it, you are so talented :)

    XO
    fionadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a super cute piggy. All the best with your new schedule at job and blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig