3D Hotdog Nail Art

Allo polish Pals!

How are you all doing today? I hope you had an amazing weekend – what did you get up to?

On Saturday evening I went to my sisters for a cheeky Chinese and wine evening, I always love catching up with her. Don't get me wrong, its great spending time with my niece and nephew but sometimes its also nice to have proper grown up sister chats!

I've been painting (I'm well into the last week of June on my blog schedule!) and organising my blog posts out, I think switching my posts to twice a week will really take pressure off working and blogging. I feel like this way I can do what I love and work without any stress. I think I found the perfect balance!

Do you have a way to fit blogging in whilst balancing other aspects of you life? I'd love to know, I always find how people do their blog schedules so interesting.








I know, I know! This nail art is another crazy one but they are so fun to think up and see the end result! I made this little hot dog the same time I made the Pokemon and pizza charms I featured recently. I have some learning to do with polymer clay, how to perfect making smaller charms which isn't as easy as I'd first assumed!!

For this design I began with my usual base coat of OPI's Nail Envy and once dry I applied two generous coats of Essie's 'Naughty Nautical'm a very pretty sea green with delicate shimmer. I again allowed this to dry and added a thin coat of my Pro-FX top coat (this has been sabotaging my nail art. I should really chuck it. But I don't.. and then I use it again, argh!) Once everything was dry I moved in with my Pure Color brush in size 10 and moved in to create all the finer details.

To seal in the finished design I applied two more thin coats of top coat and eventually added my Barry M matte top coat for a soft and smooth looking finish, voilà.

Despite the hot dog being a bit too big I'm happy with how this design turned out, I wasn't sure I'd be able to mix a shade that would look like a convincing shadow to the green but I think the effect looks pretty good, what about you?

What do you think of this crazy hot dog design? What's your favourite sort of snacky junk food?

Thank you so much for visiting today, let me know your thoughts on this design! Have a fabulous day, I'll catch you again on Thursday!




Love,
Ithi
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I know what you mean ... kids are great but you need some adults to have a decent conversation. :)

    This one is amusing :D - I don't think it is something I would ever attempt but I continue to be blown away by your creativity.

    ❥ tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Ithi, that little hot dog on your thumb just made my day. I want my nails done like this. I probably won't get any work done because I'd be so worried my hot dog would fall off, but I'd be waving my hands around like crazy so everyone could see. Love what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful palette! I love how creative is this. I wanted to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely adore this design, your creativity is definitely growing and you are really artistic. I would love a fries version of this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little hot dog Ithi! how cute and original! I would wear this! and also french fries as Elizabeth suggested.
    I think it is a good idea to re-program how many posts you want to publish weekly, blogging must remain a pleasure (in my opinion) not an extra source of stress. I aim to write 3 posts per week: 1 makeup, 1 nail art and on article about skincare or a review. Then I get sometimes other challenges invitations and/or collabs with brands. In those cases I end up publishing 4x per week, eventually 5!! but when I've posted 5 times I can tell you it was stressful and I had to be extra organized, stay up late, etc... which I don't like. So for me the max is 4x per week, I can handle it well because is compatible with my life. I only do my nails once per week, so if I need two designs for reviews, I do right hand and left hand differently! Yes, I keep that for a whole week, I'm used to! LOL I do my makeup (bold) on the weekends anyways... and you see my articles are basic and not philosophical at all, lol.
    Sending you lots of kisses and looking forward to see your next designs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG. that's a hot dog bread on your thumb. It's definitely crazy but eye-catching! Will love to see more miniature food on your nails next time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your nail art is so cute! I've tried painting my nails with designs and I've learned how hard this can be. You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woow, how cool is this? This is a great talent on display right here. I am most certainly in awe. Really fabulous nail art

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig