Winter Snowflake Nail Art With Gel Glitter And Silver Mirror Chrome Powder.

Allo polish Pals!

How are you all doing? Can you believe we're at the end of the week again? And now only a couple days to go before Christmas. Are you excited?

For me the biggest part of Christmas is having everyone I love all in one place, all at the same time.
I'd like to say I'll be letting my hair down but I have work the next day so I better go easy on the vino, ha.

Today's nail art is in theme with the current weekly challenge over on Tiny Canvas, this time we are all creating snowflake nail art.

Do you remember that combination I did for Autumn, the magnetic polish with a slither of chrome mirror powder down the side? You can see it here. Well, I decided to try and recreate that look with a frosty winter twist!






To create this nail art I began with a coat of UNT's peel off base coat. I allowed this to dry for a good thirty minutes and then applied my blue glitter polish from the Born Pretty Store, I cured for around 30 seconds and added another coat. Next I applied Born Pretty Store's no wipe gel top coat and cured again. I then took my silver mirror chrome powder and used the eyeshadow brush to slight down one side of my nails. I cured again and used white acrylic paint and my beloved Dance 20 brush from Whatsupnails. I sealed the final design with a thin coat of regular top coat and voilà!

I rather like how this turned out, I think the glitter adds nicely to the icy look I was going for. I don't use gel all that often but I like getting ideas like this and trying something different out, ie using the chrome powder for a change.

What do you think of my frosty snowflake nails? Have you worn any seasonal shades or nail art this year?

Thank you so much for visiting, have an awesome weekend! I'll catch you again on Monday – yes, Christmas day!

 



Love,
Ithi
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Ohhhh... I want this on my nails, like right now! I already loved your autumn version but this winter-y one is even better... love, love, LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This ended up looking so pretty. I love the art and the coats together. It's so wintry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish I had this talent!! I am seriously amazed by you! The most festive I've gotten with my nails is adding a bit of glitter to my polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am obsessed with this color!!! Wowza! Your frosty snowflake nails are so stunning and I think my daughter would faint if I ever did this myself. I think the seasonal nail art that I would want would be something as glittery and pretty as this and maybe in pink. My fave color. But this blue is gorg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! I love this! I have said it before and I will say it again, you are extremely talented! I love how these have a glass like look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once more I am having wonderful nail art creatively done. Snowflake nail art with gel glitter looking so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes!! These nails look fab and the details is amazing. I wish I could create nail art like this! Happy Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These nails are absolutely stunning! I always tend to stray away from bright colors when it comes to my nails but these are so lovely, I'm willing to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the name brand of the nail polish "Born Pretty." How cute. That would have been a great stocking stuffer for the ladies in my family. Your nails are so cute. Love the color and the art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this looks so awesome ...perfect for this lovely season too .. i just loved it ... wish i could do this for my nails too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did anyone say this nail art look really "frozen"? I meant it in a good way, cuz I really really like it~ can't wait to see what you have for the 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect tis the season I wish I could do my own nail hair save some money

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love this! It's perfect all winter long, I think! A bit of shiny bling is always welcome during the dreary months of winter post-christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!! You really amazed me in your winter snowflakes nail art. You are so creative and talented. I really adore your work. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Festive and all things winter. Love them. Frozen the movie needs to use these in their next movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved your snowflake nail art! It looks so festive and gives a perfect Holiday vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this nail art! The best part is that you can easily wear it through whole winter. I think snowflakes are my favorite part <3

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig