Happy New Years Eve!

Allo polish Pals


How are you all doing? I hope you've had a great week?
Mine has been so up and down. On Christmas Eve I was told I'd be getting a permanent position in the store I've been working in as a Christmas temp. I was delighted, I've had so much fun working there and I couldn't wait to join the womens wear department. I'd make new friends and continue seeing the girls I enjoyed working with on the cosmetics/fragrance department.

By Wednesday I was told that they had taken on a lot of the Christmas temporary staff and that I wasn't put into the rota, my line manager told me that she was going to fight for my hours and to wait for an email towards the end of the week... so really now I know far much less than I did. Its a little disappointing but whatever happens I'm looking forward to the adventure of 2018.

I'm going to do a recap of my year below.. at the time there were things I couldn't blog about which I now feel I can and it will be a good way to say goodbye to 2017. I'll also add some of my fave nail art from the past year.




This year started with the loss of someone who'd become special to me. It also saw my 4 year relationship get harder, my confidence got less and less. I stopped looking after myself and put chores and everything else before myself which was when I was told I was pre-diabetic in April I already had an inkling something was going on. I changed my diet immediately, I began making time to work out instead of running around trying to get everything done for everyone else and I lost two stone. My health improved and so did my confidence in my appearance.

Taking care of myself I saw how easily I could change my situations. While I was feeling better my relationship wasn't and I realised that while I could change things for myself, I couldn't make him change and I could no longer compete with the Xbox, feeling put down and feeling unloved. I'd mentioned enough already that I was unhappy and I decided I did not want to be in this situation any longer.

Since my ex slept most of the day I began moving my stuff back home to England in secret, small boxes, a few tops and nail polishes at a time which he never noticed because.. well, I wasn't noticed. I did it in secret to begin with because I was honestly scared of his reaction and I believe I did the right thing for my safety. A week or so before going I told him what I was doing and that it was the only way. In that last week I felt terrified and his reactions during that week did nothing to persuade me otherwise. I never went into full detail about it at the time, so I wanted to go through it all now, even if just for myself.



 
I came home on June the 30th and the inevitable break up happened shortly after. I expected there to be a grieving period but it never came. I guess when someone has already broken your heart by letting you down or broken promises too many times you're prepared for it.

I'd already got used to my own company because as I was told many times 'we're still in the same room' – although when someone is on the Xbox using a microphone they don't really want them talking to you. Or talking to yourself “You talk too much”... “They can all hear you”.. “stop being weird” So being alone didn't bother me, in fact I liked my freedom and have not encountered a feeling of loneliness with the support of my amazing family.

I took a few months out just to settle in, it wasn't the greatest feeling moving back in with my parents at that age but I am so thankful that they cared and don't mind. I bulked up my ready to post pictures, enjoyed spending time with my niece and nephew.

Finally after getting my name changed (my passport took forever to be approved) I got right into looking for work. I had one interview straight away and was lucky enough to land that exact one which is the one I've been in for the past month or so. I turned down two more interviews I had lined up and started my new job. I've made some great friends, had some wonderful customer experiences which has only increased my love for life, my confidence...well. I'm like a whole different person to the one I was at the start of the year.


I'm still single and not really interested in anything right now. I'm happy as I am, my life is uncomplicated and I don't feel like I am missing out on anything. Should the right guy come along? Well.. we'll see. Between you and me there's a really cute security guard at work who I've enjoyed a few chats with.

So I feel really proud of myself this year. I took the wheel and changed directions. I hadn't worked for around 10 years and I've proven to myself I can do it. I'm setting my sights high for 2018. I've no real resolutions but I am excited to play the new year and see what adventure I will go on.

I also want to thank you for all your support, for those who have helped me on a turbulant journey this year, to those who visit and are too shy to leave comments. All the shares, likes, retweets and so on. Your inpact is one of the biggest highlights in blogging.

I hope you will all have an amazing new year, what where the highlights of 2017 for you? I am wishing you so much love, laughter, success and happiness as we roll into another sparkly, clean and exciting adventure!

 I'll see you again on Monday, January 1st. Stay safe and have fun seeing in the new year!



Love,
Ithi
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Dear Ithi, while reading your post I first felt sad about all you had to go through in 2017 but about halfway a growing grin appeared on my face. You did amazing and I'm sure you'll continue to grow in 2018. So here's to a wonderful new year with lots of love and laughter and new opportunities. Hugs, Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sweet Ithi. I am glad to know although you had rough time, you didn't give up and keep moving forward . For that I am proud of you. I hope 2018 treats you with all the things you deserve. Here's to a new beginning and fresh start. Cheers.
    Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For many, 2017 has been a rough year but I also believe it's all in the way you see it. Life happens but as the saying goes, "We have to make lemonade with the lemons." You have not given up on your dreams and I am confident you will be blessed in 2018. You have many gifts and talents and you will use them to help many.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you went through a lot in 2017 and you should be proud! i am glad things went better and i am sure 2018 has a lot of amazing things in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For starters, I love your nail art and how you incorporate it into your blog.

    I’m also very sorry about your rough year and I’m glad you’ve shifted your perspective and got progressively better. I wish you all the best for 2018 and with such a good spirit, I’m certain that your happiness will follow.


    Xx,
    Aïchatou Bella

    www.stilettosandstandards.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really impressed me with you nail art. You are so creative and this Happy New Years Eve nail art are so stunning. I am looking forward to your next nail art for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These nails are so fun and festive! What a great way to ring in the new year! You are so good at this, thank you for sharing your creative side. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for your loss! I too lost someone this year. We must always remember the good things that have happened and focus on the positive. I really hope you get to keep your position! It sounds like you do enjoy it.. plus who wouldn't want to be around perfume and cosmetics all day lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2017 has been an interesting year to say the least. Your nail looks are always amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! Wow, those are some epic nails! You have such a great attitude. I would have been devastated if they would have told me they were slashing my hours. But, you're right! Let's get ready for the adventure that 2018 is going to bring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Angela Ricardo Bethea3 January 2018 at 11:13

    Wow!! You are so creative and this Happy New Year nail art are so cute. I really like it. I wish I could paint my nails to you, just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry for your loss at the beginning of the year but I am sure that you have come out to be a better and stronger person from that toxic relationship! Happy new year! Hope this year brings about all the happiness that you deserve and more!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig