Freehand Abstract Nail Art With 3D Elements

Allo polish Pals!

How are you all doing today? Can you believe we all climbed to the top of the week and now we're all sliding down the weekend slide?! Wahoooo. I hope you all have something fun planned.

After a week of feeling a little up and down and banging my head against the wall I *may* have found a college course for nails! It seems perfect, 1 night a week for 16 weeks to get a lvl 2 certificate. Wahoo, I hope luck is on my side and it is possible!

This month in Tiny Canvas the weekly challenges are all thought of my moi, I had fun coming up with themes I thought everyone would enjoy. I tried hard to think of themes that everyone would feel comfortable in taking part in. I love it when lots of members join in, its fun to see everyone's designs.

The first prompt I thought of was abstract & 3D elements. I told them to all go nuts, there's no wrong or right in abstract art!



For this manicure I began with my usual OPI nail Envy top coat and once dry I moved on with two thin coats of China Glaze's 'White On White'. I added a slick coat of my Pro-FX - Apparently they are not selling it in ALL the Walmart's in America now.. crisis, crisis!! I had my dear friend send me over some bottle previously, she's my beloved top coat smuggler! I hope she can still find it.

I then moved onto my acrylic paints, using a mixture of regular and metallics to create a mottled colourful background for my abstract to sit on top of. I create a whole 'bunch of random' to form my abstract, included some gold caviar beads from Model's Own and finished it all up with a fun stud from the Born Pretty Store (which I have previously reviewed) and my Barry M matte top coat.

I wasn't super keen on this manicure when I created it but I do kinda like how the gold stands out against the colours – the matte top coat really did bring it all together like I had hoped.

If you ever get stuck for ideas for manicures, the Tiny Canvas challenges are a great way to get a prompt without much brain-sweat and its never an obligation to enter every single one.

What do you guys think of my abstract nail art? Have you created abstract nails before?

Have a beautiful day my friends, thank you for chilling out with me! I'll catch you again on Monday.


Love,
Ithi

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Hey Ithi. I am glad to know you are one step closer to your dream. I hope it all work out for you. x
    I love the abstract theme very much.Love the background and color combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh la la, that's beautiful!
    Fingers crossed that everything will work out the way you want it to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It`s great! I love abstract on nails, clothes, etc :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for you, you found a course!! I hope it's exactly what you hope it is AND you can enter... I'm keeping fingers, toes and eyes crossed (and make hubby do the same for extra strong effect ;)

    Of course I love your nails, but that's almost always the case when you do colorful backgrounds. It almost looks like a luxurious velvet cloth with gold 'jewellery' showcased on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this so so much! The blues and purples are gorgeous and look amazing with the gold, I love the fun shapes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you all the best for the college course for nails, I am sure it will be a great journey for you. The manicure is so detailed and fantastic, I like everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun look! Love the fun and abstract design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to join Tiny Canvas weekly challenges regularly. Hope I can do it soon. Your abstract mani is very unique and I like it a lot. Fingers Crossed. May all your dreams come true. :-)

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig