Barry M: Damson Swatch & Review ★★★★★/5

Allo polish Pals!
How are you doing today? Today I have a beautiful shade from Barry M to share with you,
I actually picked this one up at the airport when on our way back to Holland. Mr Bravo has a great philosophy that purchasing polish at the airport will help cheer me up after saying goodbye to my parents – It is partly true. Seeing colours and making decisions does give me something to take my mind off things but of course I still miss them. I've been really excited to try this polish out and show you! This is Damson from Barry M's Gelly range.


Colour ~ Damson is a beautiful medium violet. True, it is incredibly pigmented and blue looking but its not entirely 'blue', I do see a slight hint of purple lurking in there!

Application ~ I've never had a single problem with any of the Gelly range and Damson was no exception, I applied two coats and finished with Barry M's top coat. No streaks thanks to the Gelly's wonderful self leveling qualities, no bubbles. Just a flawless looking finish. The dry time is also superb for its texture – That's another reason why I love to use the Gelly's in my nail art.

Texture ~ Typical of the Gelly range this polish is medium thick in consistency but dries very smoothly into a high gloss finish – even before adding the top coat.

★★★★★/5 Saw it, needed it, wanted it. GOT IT. And I am so happy I did. To some this may just be 'blue' but I can tell you it stands for itself amongst my collection of blue polishes. It's got a little tint of something special that makes it irresistible to myself. If you love blues and don't have this in your collection I suggest grabbing it!

How would you describe this blue, do you see a purple tint too, or am I crazy?

Have a great day!

Love
Ithi
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. ha, it is good idea Ithi ! so Mr Bravo is smart boy :)
    this creamy blue is fantastic really ! so nice color and fit to you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that Mr Bravo is a smart boy, he's smart whenever he takes me nail polish shopping, hehe :)I'm glad you like this colour, I love wearing it! It will have to go with some nail art soon! xx

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous blue :-D I only have a few of these gellys, I probably should get more ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ananka, I think so too! I don't think you can go wrong with the Gelly's for their pricing. Every time they bring out a new collection I want them asap! xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely blue! A little shopping always helps to cheer me up, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think us ladies deserve some retail therapy every now and then, don't we? :) Glad you like the colour! xx

      Delete
  4. this is so pretty! Retail therapy is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this colour!! Haha what a great philosophy from Mr. Bravo ;) I see a hint of lavender so it's not just you with the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blue! :D Nice and considerate idea of Mr Bravo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous color! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm Always so surprised when I see the quality of your swatches :)
    The pictures look Always so stunning and beautiful. The lighting looks Always great!
    I'd like to try this polish myself as well <3

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig