Freehand Ladybug & 3D Gel Polish Raindrops

Allo polish Pals!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Mine was a super chilled one.. I liked it like that!

Has anyone had a BBQ yet? I am smelling them ALL the time here in Holland, its one of my favorite summer scents! (although not like I'd like to bottle the smell and use it as a perfume!!)

Today's nail art is again inspired by the weekly challenge over on Tiny Canvas (Haven't you joined us yet?!) where this weeks prompt was to create bug nail art.

I've done a few ladybird (ladybug) nails before but I decided I wanted to try a close up version.
You can see my two previous manicures below the new one.

2017

2013 
2015

I began this nail art by painting my thumb and pinky with a coat of NYC's 'Strip me off' peel off base coat. Once this was dry I applied three coats of the Born Pretty Store's Chameleon nail polish in #224. I allowed this to dry and used my Barry M matte top coat. I then used my Bluesky Gel polish and a dotting tool to create a raindrop look – this always looks gorgeous on matte chrome's.

On my remaining nails I applied a coat of OPI's 'Nail Envy'. I followed on with two coats of China Glaze's 'Well Trained' and applied a thin coat of Born Pretty Store's black holographic polish.

Everything else was created with my acrylic paints and brushes. I finished off by applying my Pro-FX top coat to seal in my freehand work.

What do you guys think of my ladybird manicure evolution? Have you had ladybird nails before?

Have yourself a fantastic day! Thank you so much for visiting, don't forget to come say hi in the comments :D I'll catch you again on
Wednesday!


Love,
Ithi
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Ahaha a BBQ eau de parfum! ;)
    Sweetie, this manicure is brilliant! Hope you'll have a good week, Smuack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so beautiful...the nail drops look so real

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like very much the new version of your ladybird and the raindrop effect is also cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect!! The chrome, the raindrops, the little bug... beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I love the water droplet effect- so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to hear you are having a good time. First I love that base polish from BPS and what to say about your art. You always amaze me with it. <3

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig