Freehand Butterfly Fibromyalgia Awareness Nail Art

Allo polish Pals!
How are you all doing today? Since we're half way through the week, gimme a little update :) I love to know you are all doing well.

Today's nail art is prompted by the weekly challenge over on Tiny Canvas although its also for a really special cause, we are creating awareness nails for Fibromyagia syndrome (Also known as FMS) which is a long term condition that causes pain all over the body and suffers can also experience increased sensitivity to pain, fatigue, muscle stiffness and issues with memory and mood.

I feel like its one of those syndromes that many may not have heard of but for the suffer it is a battle each and every day – in our day to day lives we don't always know or realise what others are going through so awareness is key if we want to be understanding and supportive! :)

If you would like more information on this syndrome please check out this very useful website.

 
Symbols most regularly used for Fibromyagia awareness are butterflies and purple ribbons. I decided to go for the butterflies because while they are beautiful, they are delicate – but they are also very powerful and strong insects so I felt like that was fitting. No matter the pain of the sufferer they are strong because of the challenges they must face each and everyday.

For this manicure I began with a coat of my NYC peel off base coat (ideal when using any gel related products. F.NO do I want to spend 9 hours trying to remove gel ;) Pardon me.

Once this had turned transparent I applied two coats of my Astra purple. Once this had dried I added a coat of BlueSky gel top coat which after cured has the tacky layer, I then pressed some loose glitters on top and sealed again with another layer of top coat. I then proceeded to add my freehand design and completed this manicure with my Pro-FX regular top coat and eventually tried it in matte too.

I have to say.. I am having fun playing with gel products lately, I love how deep the sparkles are when using gel, it seems to encapsulate them!

Have you aware of Fibromyagia? What do you think of my glittery butterfly manicure?

Thank you so much for visiting today, my friends. I hope you have a wonderful day.
I'll be back on Saturday with a little of this to look forward to:


Love,
Ithi
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. beautiful mani for a good cause! I really love the glitter base here especially :) the gel does encapsulate the glitter and creates a lot of depth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am starting to really enjoy playing with gel, it looks so different than if I had just added it ontop of my top coat!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous mani! I think the butterflies were a beautiful choice and they look lovely over all that glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty manicure, not only for the cause but also for the pretty colours and the shining!
    A big hug =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. Beautiful :) lovely details on butterfly :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous mani. Great background too. Sad story with the illness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, A.notcopyacat! I agree too, it is sad.

      Delete
  6. Oh Ithi, that turned out so magical! I love the colours, the sparkle, the cute butterflies.. great job my dear ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful in both looks and meaning <3

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig