Black, White And Gold Leaf With Freehand Stripes

Allo polish Pals!
How are you all doing today?

I hope everything is going great for you so far, have you been up to much? Do let me know!

I've been doing so much walking, I've been averaging around 14,000/15,000 steps a day and it feels good!

Today's manicure is a fairly simple design that I created during the end of my visit in England. I didn't have a lot of time but I did want to create something. This was the product of that odd hour and a half. :)

For this manicure I began with my Mezmris Nail Lacquer base coat, 'Armor Up' (If you are in the UK and looking for a great top coat I highly recommend it!) and painted all my nails with two coats of Barry M's 'White'.

I then began drawing very thing grey lines with my acrylic paints and my beloved Pure Color brush in size #9. On one side of the nail I applied some varying sizes of gold leaf/foil and on the opposite side I filled it in with black acrylic paint. On top of this I added some alternating thin lines in gold paint. To give a little more variation to this manicure I freehanded a bow on my ring finger nail.
I finished by sealing everything in with my Mezmris Nail Lacquer top coat, 'Armor'.

I feel like this has a kind of classy monochrome look to it, I'm not sure why it makes me think of the great Gatsby/art deco look. What do you think?

Have you used gold foil before, what do you think of this look?

Have a beautiful day my friends, thank you for visiting. Don't forget to come say hi and if you liked this nail art please do share it :)
Take care,
I'll catch you again on Wednesday

Love
Ithi
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Black, white and gold are always a winning combination and I was sure you stamped the lines... great work!
    I haven't used gold foil by itself but my someone special gave me OPI The Man with the Golden Gun a few years ago so I have had gold foil on my nails :)
    And of course it looks like the Great Gatsby: velvety dark and shimmery gold and geometric lines ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I agree it reminds me of art deco too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh this is very Great Gatsby! Looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig