Happy First Birthday, Tiny Canvas - Birthday Cake/Candle Nail Art!

Allo polish Pals!
I hope you are all doing well today? Have you been upto anything exciting?

Today I have some freehand celebration nails for you! These come about because the community I enjoy being in most of all, Tiny Canvas turns one this month. I've been a member for just under a year and I've made so many friends, I enjoy taking part in the challenges and love seeing posts from all the members. It also have such a friendly community with members of all levels of skill, there is never any nastiness there! HUGE love to Dani and the admin team who really make it a fun place to be!

For this weeks challenge the prompt was birthday cake/candles so I decided to go for some cute 'lil slices!


I began this manicure with my usual base coat, Mezmris Nail Lacquer's 'Armor Up' and once dry applied three thin coats of Essie's 'Bride To Be'. I then added a thin coat of Pro-FX top coat and again allowed to dry. I then moved on to my freehand an started by creating a water colour look using a nude colour.. it kinda looked cool. Until I added a matte top coat but the cakes looked nicer with the matte..arh..

I've been having huge artist block lately and I really struggled to get these today. Even today I spent about four hours painting something different and had a terrible out come, argh! Please hope for me that the inspiration faeries come back soon for me.

What do you think of my cake slice nail art? Are you apart of a nail community you really enjoy?

Have a beautiful day, thank you so much for stopping by! I'll catch you again on Saturday!

Love
Ithi
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Happy Birthday Tiny Canvas! Your mani for this occasion looks fun and I like very much the details on the sliced cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy you your freehand skills, seriously :) But this is envy in a good meaning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great freehand work! You really are great at it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so cute, I especially love the soft bubbles in the background. And the cake, of course :D want to try it now :-p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, this makes me want some cake! I think it was a perfect choice to put it on a nuetral background; it really makes the colors from your cakes pop and makes the overall feel warm, exactly like cake should be! Really cute mani! I'm impressed that you managed to get all the little cake slices to look so uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet mani for amazing nail art group I ever know and lucky enough to be a part of it! All thanks to admins and lovely members of this group!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig