Cake By The Ocean

Allo polish Pals!

How are you all doing today? I hope you are having a great week and have some exciting plans for the weekend. Or not; Lazy weekends at home can be really nice too! Either way I hope you get to squeeze in some fun painting time. I'll be running around like a headless chicken because I am flying home today. How fast did two weeks go?! 

...I know, know! This manicure looks so crazily random. Allow me to explain. A few weeks ago (like three or four..or even five) I saw a dear friend (The ever so talented @thehumblebear - check out her amazing work) mentioned a song called 'cake by the ocean' by DNCE on Facebook. The title of the song got me really intrigued so I popped over to YouTube...ever since I am obsessed with this song! I can't hear it enough, it makes me feel so happy! So I guess you could say this is both a tribute to the song but also a little slice of love dedicated to Beverley, she is one of the sweetest people you could wish to meet.

I'm not sure if having the cake by the ocean is a metaphor for something but I decided to take it literally because... cake by the ocean! 

WISH, wish, wish I'd seen the music video before making this manicure. Why did I do pink cake?!
I guess you know the drill by now, I really need to start filming this stuff so I am not typing the same vague things. But how?! I have such limited space on my work area and I don't keep my fingers in one position.. I'm really dumbfounded by how I can do it and still be able to show you much of anything!

I began with my base of OPI's 'Nail Envy' to keep my nails super strong and sexy; It keeps the mean breakages and boo-boo's away. I then followed with Barry M's 'White' and once dry added a coat of my Pro-FX complete top coat. I then used my acrylic paints and various brushes to create this beach scene.
How very informative of me.. I sealed it all in with another layer of Pro-FX and also tried it with Wet 'N' Wild's matte top coat (Thanks darling Jodie!) – which I luuuurve.

What do you think of my cake by the ocean? Do you like beachy themed nail art?

If you liked this nail art please be a sweetie and hit one of the share buttons below.
I might be in the sky as your reading this!  I'll catch you again on Monday  for some more nail art fun. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Your nails look great! It's really a painting on your nails.
    I didn't know the song but I do now (and so do my neighbours as it has been playing on repeat for at least 15 minutes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny idea - my son likes this song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo dear dear...what a manicue! *_*

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cute, very interesting idea :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! My fiance and I always joke about this song haha. I totally want to be at the beach on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's just wonderful!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig