Freehand Acrylic Prism-Rainbow Manicure!

Allo polish Pals!
How are you doing today? Did you have a great weekend? I'd love to know what you got up to! I'm anticipating a pretty busy week. Sometimes I get a little flustered if I know I have a lot on, I think "Whenever will I get time to paint?!"  Silly, I know. I don't need to panic. Chill, girl, chill! Do you ever feel like there's not enough time to get things done?

Today I am showing you a rainbow manicure (I know, I know, I'm like partly unicorn by this point) with a bit of a difference, I hope. I decided that...why not have a rainbow that goes round in a circle?! I don't know how easy this would be to do with nail polish, I don't think I'd even want to try that!

So I began with my usual base coat of OPI's 'Nail Envy' and once dry applied two coats of NYC's 'Williamsburg Vintage' – a pretty good white. I then used my acrylic paints and my bamboo (He seems to get all the messy blending jobs) brush by painting a small grey dot to the center of each nail – from here I could then create a triangle/pizza slice shape from the dot and outwards to the tips. I did this with each colour on all my nails (Looked like a pin-wheel!) I then began mixing colours together and trying to blend out the solid triangles so that they created gradients.
I finished off by applying a single squared/diamond stud to the center of each nail and a coat of my Pro-FX top coat and lastly a little lick of Barry M's 'Matte' top coat.. because... well.. Don't you know me by now?! Hah.

I really like how these turned out. Its different, as I said before, I don't know how I would do this with nail polish. Does anyone know how it can be done? I didn't have it at the time but Catrice's 'Matte and More' top coat which I recently picked up would have added a beautiful sheen to it...darn!

What do you think of my circular prism-rainbow nails? Would you wear a manicure like this?
Have a gorgeous day, lets hang out again on Wednesday for some more Decal-fun. :)
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Wow...It's so so so beautiful! And this time you amaze with a technique you have used to create this looks! Simply awesome! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you added the stud in the middle and the color rainbow looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I luv colorful manicure and these are so beautiful. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. It reminds me of a precious stone. And yes, I do feel the same about time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cool! On your nails it looks great, on mine it would be maybe a bit too much ;-) And yes - I have the same - so many things to do, but not enough time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I feel like I haven't had as much time for my nails lately :( I love the way this came out! You could try doing this with polish and a sponge... I've seen people do radial gradients but not with this many colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this is an amazing look!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig