Aveniro Glass Files Review

*This post contains item(s) That were sent reviewing purposes but as always I will provide my full and honest opinion.

Allo polish Pals!
How are you doing today? Are you looking forward to the weekend? Its going to be a busy one for me! On Saturday we are celebrating my sister-in-laws and mother-in-laws birthday (Don't worry, there was no secret wedding – we just call each other that!)

Today we're going to look at three glass files, a must have for any nail enthusiast and something we should all use from time to time in our basic nail care routine. If you'd have asked me about nail files...5 years ago I probably would have see-sawed the heck out of my nails with a cardboard emery board. Now I know better and take great pride in my nails and I know that quality is necessary when it comes to nail files

These pretty babies come from Aveniro. The top file is a mini foot file, the second a full size version and bottom is a glass nail file for fingernails which has now become one of my best friends in my nail kit. Read on!

Glass Nail File:
I was in awe when I saw the beauty of this nail file, I can't lie. I really love the design. It is decorated in a pink gradient style and the handle is decorated with 3D stickers – this gives you a thicker handle to hold and makes for good grip of the file. All the files come in their own little protective plastic sheaths.

It is a lot larger than I am personally used to, you can see my regular cruddy, three year old file in comparison which I believe is a standard nail file size. I wondered if this would give me problems but I'm pleased to say I did not find any discomfort in using or having to file with it at all.

On my first use of this file I was delighted, it was such a smooth and happy experience. I don't really like filing my nails, its something I have to make myself do but this was much more pleasant than normal. I had no trouble with the file snagging, it seemed incredibly faster and much more friendly than my regular file.

These files come in a wide range of designs featuring animals, flowers and abstract but awesomely you can also have your own custom 3D design created as Aveniro take customer requests. So if your going to have a nail file that has an unlimited life span, why not choose your own design?!


Glass Foot Files: I have to admit I didn't know this actually existed in glass form. There are many types of products out there readily available for smoother, softer feet but the Aveniro glass files so promise a really gentle result – Its a light buffer rather than something that's essentially grating off your skin. Its incredibly unlikely your going to damage or injure yourself using these files as opposed to other, rougher methods. I don't really have much trouble with the skin on my feet but a light buff with this did actually make them even softer – I was really impressed.

The overall design is great, I love love love the gradient running through the glass. Maybe I'm easily pleased but I think it looks very pretty and professional at the same time.

These files come in two different sizes, the largest is 165 mm and the other, perhaps more travel convenient is 135 mm and 6mm in thickness – strong and sturdy!

Two more bonuses is that Aveniro claim that these files will practically have an unlimited life span and that they are very easy to maintain and keep with minimal cleaning required, you can clean these under running water and eventually in the dishwasher! (I still think I'd stick to washing by hand)

Aveniro have many different designs and selections on there website so if your thinking about upgrading your nail file I highly recommend these, I'd see it as more of an investment!

How often do you file your nails? Do you prefer to use glass files?
Have a wonderful day!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Yes, I prefer crystal glass files and never use anything else.
    The Aveniro brand is really good quality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree with you more, Maria! This is now my new trusty friend! I don't dread filing anymore, haha.

      Delete
  2. I love using glass nail files and these one look very stylish too :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its a lovely little touch isn't it? Why shouldn't nail files be pretty! :) Thank you Andrea <3

      Delete
  3. wow. glass nail files :D never knew they existed . Loved it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've never come across them before? I'll tell you that once most people try glass they don't go back! They also last an insanely long time so its more of an investment than a throw away item :)

      Delete
  4. I used to hate glass files because they wore out way sooner than the regular files. But I got a glass file from Ciate and so far I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so unusual, Jack! I personally feel like glass ones last me better than other types. I am glad you are enjoying your Ciate file :) Did it come with the advent calendar? I totally wish I had got the Essence and done blogmas with it! xx

      Delete
  5. wow, these seem huge! I file my nails once a week, I do prefer a glass file though. I'm curious about the glass foot buffer, never seen one before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do seem pretty big but they are also pretty discrete too, the foot files will store easily in most bathroom cabinets and so on as opposed to something bulkier. They are actually fantastic, I used the mini one again today.. As I stated, I didn't have excessively hard skin but the difference is still incredible! :) I've been recommending this all over the place! xx

      Delete
  6. Glass files are so much better for your nails. These have a really nice design. I never knew you could get a glass foot file, would be very interesting to try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Sarah! I wouldn't use anything else now. I didn't know about the foot files before I got to review them either, they are an insanely good alternative to what is already out there on the market. I'd actually say they are probably safer and easier to use :)

      Delete
  7. I usually file mine a tiny bit whenever I repaint my nails just to catch any snags... Usually like 2-3x a week. And then once every week to two weeks to actually remove length. I really like glass files too... I'm currently using the Sephora one and I really like it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea, I've always been a bit lazy when it comes to filing. Perhaps I should discipline myself and files every paint time too! It must save for breakages :) I am glad you have found one you like! xx

      Delete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig