NYC: Nolita's Lolita Swatch & Review ★★★★5

Allo polish Pals!
I hope you are having a great day so far? Today I'm leaving again for England, thankfully this time its back to normal and I'll have Mr Bravo with me. The only down side is travelling with flu - awesome. I'm really looking forward to seeing my family for three weeks, this will be a happier trip than the last one. I've got a lot of important dates coming up but I will still be around the blogisphere. 

Today I have a polish to show you which is one Mr Bravo randomly returned home with one afternoon. He surprised me with four new polishes but he seemed very impressed by this one so I'll review it first :) This is 'Nolita's Lolita' from the 'Fancy Dotty' range.

Colour ~ 'Nolita's Lolita' is a beautiful pale blue with black specks of...glitter. Can you call it glitter if its not..glittery? Anyway, I am wearing three coats here which has a really nice effect of the black specks layering and adding a look of depth to the polish.

Application ~ Application was quite good however the coats where a little slow to dry. If you rush your coats it will get globby along the tips, creating a mess. Look at my middle finger, it can also look quite chunky if your not careful with your coats. Besides that I had no trouble with streaking or bubbles.

Texture ~ I would describe it as a medium to thick texture with of course the added gritty feeling of the speckles. Easily smooth with a good top coat.

Recommend it to a friend? Not sure... Depends how much this friend likes unique polishes such as this.

★★★★5 While I do really love this polish I do think it is quite a gimmicky type of polish – by that I just mean..well, how often will I find myself using it? How many nail art designs will call for a base like this? That's something I'm still working out but I do love how it looks on my nails and I do like the finished results.

What's your opinion on dotty glitter polishes? Do you own any polishes like this?

Have a wonderful day!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I like matte glitter that makes a polish look like a birds egg. My husband would chose a polish like this, too! :) Men seem to like glitter polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got this one as well and this is really beautiful nail polish :)
    Have a nice weekend Ithi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been on my list for a little while. Next time I am in Superdrug this might come home with me, despite my no-buy. It is not every day you get such a beautiful and unusual polish at such a price. I am sure there are a couple of different colours, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a nice one. I prefer dotty toppers though. I hope your travel will be easy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's really cute! i call them matte glitters :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this one, but I agree with you on the "gimmicky" thing, I wouldn't wear this polish very often but I think it can be fun as an accent nail sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. And I don't care if some people find it gimmicky, I wear polishes for my self and I got a whole bunch of black glittered polishes in a range of colors and brands. I see it as any other polish.

      Delete
  8. Awww,,,,this is so pretty. I like the color and the glitters on it. I think its a must try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's a pretty polish! I've got a similar one from Models Own. Enjoy your stay in England!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig