Mary Kay: Blue Lotus Swatch & Review ★★★★★/5

Allo polish Pals!
How are you doing today? I hope you are having a great week so far? This week was my 4year old Niece's first week of school, god, they grow up so fast! While I was sad not to be there and see her in her uniform my sister vvery kindly put a picture on facebook for me. I am so proud of 'Sunshine-lolli-pop' (I called her that once while we were travelling in the car and played a silly game - she still remembers it now.)

 Today I have a polish from a brand called Mary Kay – its not a brand I had tried before having received this polish. My sister in law sometimes orders these random boxes, you can get nail boxes or cosmetic boxes and the items come totally random. So far she's given me Nails Inc and Essie polishes from these boxes. So today I am showing you a new brand I have no real knowledge of – Fun, I like trying new things! This is Blue Lotus from Mary Kay.

Colour ~ 'Blue Lotus' is a gorgeous solid baby blue shade that has the most creamy and smoothest appearance. I am wearing two coats here and am very happy with the colour coverage. Naturally it dries to a semi matte shade and looks very flawless. I like shades like this that make me think of blue tack and cake icing!

Application ~ I was pleasantly surprised with the formula, I have no issues with bubbles. The first coat was a little streaky but the second coat completely took care of that and even self levelled – Thankoo, Blue Lotus!

Texture ~ I guess I would have to describe the texture as medium thick, it applies like a crème.

Recommend it to a friend? Certainly if she is struggling to find a light blue that dries to a flawless finish and isn't prone to streaking.

★★★★★/5 I love this shade especially the finish. To me, its one of those polishes that looks like bubblegum wrapped over the nail... Maybe that doesn't make much sense but it just looks like it is so smooth over the nail. I've had problematic light blues before so for me this one really comes up aces!

Do you have a favorite go to blue? Have you tried Mary Kay polishes before?

Have a wonderful day!
Love
Ithi

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Lovely blue, I like such ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My nephew had his first day of school, too! But in Germany school kids are six years old.
    The color is very pretty! I also like the flawless finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this one too and I love the blue colour, it's beautiful, it looks great on you Ithi! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pastel shade, I like it a lot! My daughter goes on the 2nd class and school starts on Monday, she is super excited because she will see after a long summer vacation her friends. I can remember that I didn't liked school begin, it was very stressful for me :( and now I relive it again with my daughter :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried this brand but I love this delicate shade of blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this shade of baby blue. Never heard of this brand before :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely blue! good to hear its not streaky too and only 2 coats! not bad for a blue this light

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sister in law used to manage events for Mary Kay in Germany. I didn't know they had polish too.
    The colour looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig