Day 12: Stripes

Allo polish Pals!
Happy weekend to you all! Do you have anything fabulous planned? Will you be watching the football? I'm not really in to football and last night when Holland won against Spain I was upstairs painting my nails but I knew we had won because suddenly everybody was letting off fireworks! Question: When England play Holland, who am I supposed to be cheering for?!
So I have just a short quick post to share with you today which is day 12 of the 31 day nail art challenge ~ Stripes!

I'm a little sorry about my pictures today, I don't think they are at their best :/
Anyway, I started with a coat of Catrice's 'Lilacally' and applied two coats of Model's Own's 'Southern Lights' which is a beautiful very fine but well packed holographic glitter. I smoothed this out with my topcoat and then used striping tapes to create my stripes. Finally I applied Yes Love's black polish on top and finished with my top coat.

I was hoping the glitter would really pop out of the stripes and I guess it did a little, while it may be simple it is at least stripes!

What do you think of this manicure; Do you have something like this glitter in your collection?
I hope you have a beautiful Saturday!

Love
Ithi
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. Ooh the holographic glitter looks great! I think it pops out of the manicure enough, it looks gorgeous in contrast with the black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin! I'm glad you say that because that 'pop' was really what I was hoping for! <3 xx

      Delete
  2. very pretty Ithi :) Have a wonderful afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Fife! I hope you had a lovely afternoon aswell! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I love those holographic stripes in combination with the black background :)
    This manicure looks really pretty!

    ~Xx~ Julia
    Creativenails4fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect!!!! I love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work! Your stripes are so neat! I have no glitter like that but I own very few glitter polishes. I am not into football, too. But I usually hear everyone cheering when Germany hit a goal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stadtwaldvogel, I would die without striping tape, ha :) Its the same here with the cheering! Maybe with that alone I don't need to watch the football to know how Holland is scoring! xx

      Delete
  6. Hello darling!
    Your yellow pikachu nail art is one of my favorites this month,
    You can find the article where I show my monthly favorites with the link below!

    Have a wonderful week!
    Xx julia

    http://www.creativenails4fun.blogspot.nl/2014/06/spam-your-blog-favorite-nail-arts-of.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia. Thank you so much for featuring my nail art on your blog that is really kind and I am so grateful! I am really glad you liked the Pikachu nails! <3 xx

      Delete
  7. I don't follow football, but a bunch of my co-workers do, so I've been hearing plenty about it. :) This mani is beautiful! I love the color combo. The black just makes the sparkles pop so much more! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Yun :) Thank you so much, I really enjoyed the sparkles in this manicure! xx

      Delete
  8. I have no idea what's going on in soccer/football... it's kind of awkward though because the company i work for sponsored the broadcast so the entire workplace is decorated for fifa and we are all wearing shirts to support a country that's playing... customers keep trying to talk to me about soccer and i honestly have no idea whats going on i just picked my shirt based on what color i like! =p

    love the striping tape mani! the glitter and black goes really well together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear that's quite an awkward situation!! I'm glad that everyone who knows me just knows I wont say anything that means much when it comes to football. I literally shocked people recently because I really thought that 'offside' just means running outside the 'rectangle' lol. Thank you so much for your kind words :) <3 xx

      Delete
  9. Wow the MO glitter is stunning!! The black stripes are perfect. Just the right mix of classy and fun. I'm a big football fan so am loving the World Cup and watching upto three games a day! My friends think I'm crazy :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lou, isn't it just?! I really had a hard time deciding between Southern Lights and Northern lights (the sister of this polish) I'm glad you enjoy football so this is a good time for you! <3 xx

      Delete
  10. that glitter is gorgeous! I'm not a football fan either :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, LittleMonster, I'm glad I'm not the only one, hehe! xx

      Delete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig