Dramatic Dotticure

Allo polish Pals!
I hope you all had a fantastical long Easter weekend. Did you get up to anything exciting? It was just a quiet weekend here for me. Of course I had to crack out the polishes and have a play around. I love feeling inspired, I have some ideas up my sleeve I am looking forward to actually trying!
Today I am showing you a pretty simple but effective dotty manicure.






I started off with my usual base coat of OPI's Nail Envy before adding two coats of Art Deco's 'Iridescent Butterfly Wings'. This is a truly beautiful yet tricky colour to photograph! I'll be doing a full review on it when I get round to it (The review and swatch list is growing) I then added a diagonal coat of Nubar's White Tip (My personal fave 'to go to' white polish) before finally adding one thick coat of Essie's 'Bobbing for Baubles' and taking to the tips again with White Tip and a dotting tool.

I did this look a long long time ago but I used Zoya's 'Yummy' which was a very striking bold look. I think this is still striking and eye catching but 'Iridescent butterfly wings' and 'Bobbing for Baubles' work beautifully together. Before I finished this look I was playing around and the two colours paired right next together create something quite beautiful.

What do you think of this look? Do you like the stark contrast or is it a little too dramatic for your taste? Have you been inspired to have a dotticure recently?

Love
Ithi
x
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I love this look. Polka dots are one of my all time favourites and I love your angled tips :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise! I love Polka dots too, they are always so effective :D

      Delete
  2. i really like this. very pretty! and i love the dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really classy! reminds me of the 40's :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Little Monster, Yes it definitely has a 40's feel! :)

      Delete
  4. wow you have some really amazing nail art! keep up the good work :D

    xo; L&M
    www.twoplicates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig