Freehand Little Red Riding Hood Nail Art

Allo polish Pals!
I hope you are all doing super, super, super! Are ya?
I'm back in Holland! I had a great time at home although I did find out I am pre-diabetic which was..well. Quite a shock, however on the plus side finding out this now is a good thing as I can totally make changes to reverse this.

I'm actually really happy with the nail art I am going to share with you today. I had had this idea in my mind for a couple of years but I kept putting it off as I didn't think I do my idea justice.. well. It was time to come back to it and give it a fair go!

I wanted to create a very dark looking version of the Little Red Riding Hood; I don't think she has any idea he's slinking along behind her, do you?



I used OPI's Nail Envy for my base coat and applied two smooth coats of Barry M's 'White' nail polish for my painting canvas. I added a thin coat of my Pro-FX top coat as a nice anchor for my acrylic to stick to.

For this manicure I played heavily with black and white acrylic paint, doing my best to mix all the shades of grey in between to create strong contrasts. Of course I needed a few flecks of red here and there.

I don't think my wolf looks particularly scary but he is pretty big, I think i'd have a fright if I turned around and saw him following me. He's pretty fluffy though so I'd probably try and hug him!

Have you done any fairytale nail art? Would you be scared of this wolf?

Have a beautiful day, my friends. Thank you so much for taking time to come visit me and my nails! I'll catch you again onWednesday :)

Love
Ithi
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. This is kind of scary but very amazing freehand work. The wolf gives me creep :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so dark and creepy, gorgeous, I love the Red Riding Hood tale <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous nail art - you are brilliant :-D

    Oh well at least they've spotted it early. You should check out 5:2 Diet/Intermitting Fasting and the relationship it has with diabetes. Knew a type 2 and it made a big difference to him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You played so well here with the gray shades and you gave depth to the whole image. Great one as always, even if is a scary image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I have to admit I don't find the wolf that scary but maybe that's because I've always thought wolves were magnificent rather than scary ;)

    Please take care of yourself and, if you haven't done so already, please talk to your GP about that pre-diabetes if possible. Diabetes can be very nasty :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's scary..that really is....and wonderful art by you Ithi. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are incredible! Both beautiful and scary!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig