Black Stamping Polish: Born Pretty Store Review

Allo polish Pals

How are you all doing today? I hope you've had a great weekend so far, have you been up to anything fun? Yesterday I went on a mega blitz, I get overwhelming urges to clean. Our room wasn't messy as such but it was just time to go over everything, ya know? I feel so much calmer now that I've had that spring clean and even reorganized how I store my acrylics, now all my paints are easily grab-able mid-manicuring!

Today I have a Born Pretty Store Black Nail Art Stamping Polish ...from the Born Pretty Store (Oh duh, hah.) up for review. I thought it would be a great idea to try out the black polish since my half decent black polish is a real nightmare for stamping and comes out really faint. I want black, bold black stamping! I can't say I've tried many stamping polishes but I have really noticed a difference in using this one from my regular nail polishes.



This nail stamping polish comes in a pretty regular rectangle bottle, it features a Born Pretty logo on one side but its near impossible to see as it is also black.
The bottle contains 15ml of stamping polish, a generous amount. My first thoughts about the polish was that it does have quite a present chemical scent but it wasn't too overwhelming not to use it – perhaps crank the window slightly. The second notable characteristic was how fluid the polish actually is. Within my limited experience of stamping polish I've only ever come across very thick, sticky and stringy polishes. One swipe over my stamping pattern leaves a very nice and smooth amount to fill in the pattern etchings.


Eeh.. not the best manicure ever.
Another thing I am seriously impressed with is that there was absolutely no streaking when I applied my top coat. I had wondered if it was going to happen and was a little fearful but to my delight the black designs stayed firmly in place. I think for that reason I am going to say that these polishes seem really great. I would certainly want to try the other shades after this experience!


For this first manicure I began with my beloved OPI 'Nail Envy' base coat and followed through by applying one coat of Barry M's 'Berry Cosmo' to my thumb and ring finger, on top of that I applied two coats of Pretty Serious 'Haddon Field'. On my remaining fingers I applied two coats of Collection's 'Scorched Copper' and created a gradient using China Glaze's 'Infra-red' (wow, check out the holo!..not.) I then used sticky tape to protect around my fingers as the black stamping polish is quite tricky to clean up easily and stamped using my Faburnails plate FUN19. I finished it all off by adding a coat of my Pro-FX top coat.

I'm really impressed with this polish overall; I can tell I'll be coming back to stamping in the near future!If you are looking for a very bold and solid black for stamping I highly suggest this one! 

Do you use stamping polish or regular polish if you do nail stamping? What do you think of this manicure?

Enjoy your Sunday, I'll catch you again on Tuesday!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. It is a beautiful mani!
    I prefer stamping polishes most of the time - but I use both...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Maria! I think its good to experiment with polishes, I have some beauties that I really wish cooperated with stamping! xx

      Delete
  2. looks like a very good polish for stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Fife! Yes it really is, I like how strong and clear the black stamps :D No wishy-washy patterns! xx

      Delete
  3. It looks it stamps very well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does, A.notcopyacat, it comes out very strong and clear! :)

      Delete
  4. This is a gorgeous mani Ithi! I love that glitter.
    I don't stamp much, but when I do I tend to reach for stamping polish! Haven't tried BPS though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Emelie! I am actually terrible at pairing stamping patterns and colours together, I just made some seriously gross choices at times lol. I'd certainly recommend them after this experience! :)

      Delete
  5. It looks good :) First I tried some regular polishes for stamping, but usually the ones dedecited to it are better. My favourite black is Essence :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gocha! Yes, I think you might be right! I will check Essence next time I stop by the store :D

      Delete
  6. Oh what a stunning manicure... that orange glitter is amazing and I love the stamping design :)
    It depends what I use when stamping... I don´t always use polishes that are meant for stamping but if I don´t use stamping polishes I have found that thicker formulas are the best cause they show up true to color when stamped :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shortylegsbeauty! I really like it too, its not a glitter I can think of many times to use but when I do I always really enjoy how it looks! Yes, the Barry M Gelly's seem pretty good too for non-stamping polishes! xx

      Delete
  7. Love it! And that sounds like a pretty good stamping polish *scribbles down name for future reference*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the stamping over the gradient! :) love the geometric pattern too! I haven't tried born pretty store stamping polish before only their plates

    ReplyDelete
  9. The geometric patter is cute!
    I usually use regular nail polishes to stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great mani you created :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't got this one but different colours from this range and I love them. Yeah, they smell quite bad but they work so good. I personally use both stamping and standard polish, depending on what colour I need.

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig