Deconstructed Flag / Red Vs Blue - DIY Decals

Allo polish Pals!

How are you today?

I made a HUGE MISTAKE!! You guys were not supposed to ever see this post, I basically put the same date on a couple of posts and had planned to allocate proper dates to my blogging schedule... and then I forgot. In the end I didn't like this manicure and had planned to change the pictures to another manicure I had created... so you got two posts in one day and now I will be frantically trying to replace nail art to keep my posts upto date. Haha.... Opps. I'm human ;)

Today's manicure is another DIY decal creation. I know my colour combination is pretty in your face... I couldn't decide what it reminded me of more – Superman Vs Spiderman or Cold Vs Hot.



1st Version looks like Spider Man VS Super Man!
For this manicure I began by making some decals on a piece of laminate. I started with a layer of Barry M's regular top coat and once dry I layered with Jacava's 'Eaton Square', Fogan's glitter polishes in #41 and #32, China Glaze's 'Infra-Red' and finally Sinful Colors 'Dancing Nails'. I then proceeded to mix it gently with a tooth pick and them to dry over night.

The next day I then began with just my base coat, OPI's 'Nail Envy' and began to gently press my peeled off decals onto my nails (Excluding my ring finger) I then had the taxing job of cleaning up all around my nails with polish remover and a brush. I added some diagonal blue lines with my acrylic paint, applied my pro-fx top coat and some white stars (they were neon green but I painted them white.)


I know its...different. But I kinda like it! I am going to try and do this in purple eventually to create a sort of amethyst crystal look!

What do you think of these unusual nails? Would you wear this manicure?

Have a beautiful day!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. The base for this mani is surprising and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daring color combination, indeed. Looks interesting and nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue part of is is a little bit too much for me, but I really like the dark red base, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks like it could be the surface of Pluto! Very cool and spacey :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an interesting design :)

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig