Freehand Gingerbread Men and Polka Dot Nails

Allo polish Pals!
How are you doing today? Do you have any fancy weekend plans?
Today I have a manicure that I never ever want to see again. I did this manicure 4 times over. Every time it just wasn't right, it is so far from the original idea behind it but I am glad to say I like this version enough to post. If you are really curious you can see version 1 and version 2. Pretty ugleh. I don't even know where version 3 went...Ha...ha... Being this stringent with just about everything gets really tiring sometimes.


For this manicure I began with three very thin coats of Catrice's 'The Bride Takes It All' and once dry I added some polka dots using Barry M's 'Gold Foil' and then added my Catrice 'Gel Effect' top coat which dries super fast and smoothly. Once all this was dry I began to paint my gingerbread men with acrylic paint and my favorite brushes. I finished off with my Barry M 'Matte' top coat.

I don't even know what happened to the third version, Haha! I guess it was thrown to the photo abyss, the black hole were all the rejects go..

Its a little scruffy but as I said... I'm so glad to put this manicure behind me. I know that seems stupid since it looks so simple!

Have you had foodie nails before, what food was it? What do you think of my gingerbread men?
Have a lovely day!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. fabulous! I love your ginger men with funny faces :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww so cute. They are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like very much this version!! The ginger men are so cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this version a huge lot, the gingermen are so cute! The first one is slightly worse, still I wish I'd be able to make something as 'worse' as yours :) coz I can't!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow great mani. They look good enough to eat....well almost lol ;-) :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel weird to say so but I love your sad gingerbread man! He's adorable!
    Any chance to have a review of that Catrice top coat you mentioned?

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable, you did an amazing job, You are too hard on yourself, I loved all of your versions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I don't even know why you complain, all these versions are stunning :D

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig