Essence: Miss Universe Swatch & Review ★★★★★/5

Allo polish Pals!

How are you today? Have you had a good and productive start to the week? I started my fitness mission again after taking a week off (I did something weird to my foot) and I am so happy I did it. I wasn't curled up on the floor crying at the end which is a good sign! Today I have a polish to show you which I was supposed to show a couple months or so ago. Somehow I got side tracked by pretty things and nail art so today, finally, here is Essence's 'Miss Universe'.




Colour ~ I would describe 'Miss Universe' as a deep teal shade. In certain lights it looks black with a green tint, blue with a black tint and sometimes it even looks a little purple. If you enlarge my pictures and 'look into' the polish you will see different shades of glitter popping out. It reminds me of an oil slick!

Application ~ Application is dreamy, I had no streaking, no bubbles. To get a full coverage I applied three coats and added China Glaze's 'First & Last' to ensure the glitter popped out and to give it an extra glossy finish. Dry time was reasonable.

Texture ~ The consistency of this polish is very watery. Hence why I needed three coats for this polish to be opaque to my liking. That said with the texture of this polish it is very easy to apply and leaves a nice flawless finish.

★★★★★/5 Considering Essence is the cheaper end of the scale when it comes to pricing, I don't think you can go wrong with this polish. It is quite a pretty colour and will make nicely for many nail art styles. If you have nothing similar in your collection I would highly recommend it.

Do you like deep and oily shades such as 'Miss Universe'? Do you own any Essence polishes?

Have a great Monday!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Ooh I love this one!! That gliter in it is just jum <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm... I don't think I have this one, I need to check. It looks amazing! I have a bunch of Essence polishes, but they are mostly limited edition ones =)

    Nyx
    ( http://nyxsbeautyblog.blogspot.com/ )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have many Essence nail polishes, not this one though; it looks very well. I didn't buy it because I have one Estee Lauder that's quite similar to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have got this one! but on you looks wonderful my dear Ithi :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great swatches! I don't have this essence :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like essence nail polishes too. :D
    I have a lot of them but not this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an amazing shade! essence does some nice polishes, and I think I have this one too.
    Yay! for you restarting your fitness routine!
    take care, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. great great look ! i this i hvae this one ! suoer pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely shimmer! I don't like such dark colors on me but on you it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no, I hope your foot is ok! Beautiful polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this dark shade!
    Your nails look stunning!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig