Catrice: C(h)rome, Leon! Swatch & Review ★★★/5

Allo polish Pals!
How are you today? I hope your week has had a good start? Just a quick post from me today, I'm really sick at the moment. Somehow I seem to have picked up food poisoning – I'm totally exhausted and a little bit 'out of it'. So if any point I make less sense than usual that will explain it. Today I have Catrice's 'c(h)rome, Leon!' from the previous Chameleon collection.


The colour shift is very slight.
Colour ~ 'C(h)rome, Leon!' is a sweet light peach duochrome that looks slightly green in certain lights. I wouldn't say the colour shift is the most apparent of a duochrome but it is there. It is quite a delicate looking shade. It is also quite on the sheer side so it took me two coats to get full coverage.

Application ~ I have no trouble with application however you may end up with the odd few brush stroke due to its metallic look. I had no trouble with bubbles and the dry time is so-so.

Texture ~ This polish is very much on the watery side and dries to a beautiful metallic finish.

★★★/5 There's nothing really wrong with this polish, so perhaps its just me. I love the summery peach glow to this polish but I am not sure about how I feel about the green tint at times. If your a huge fan of duochromes I wouldn't urge you to go out and grab this. You can certainly get more 'full on' duochromes for your money.

What do you think of this peachy duochrome? Did you pick up any of the Chameleon polishes?

Have a great night,
I'm going to rest up well so I can get back to some fun nail art!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Nazh! Nice to see you back and blogging again :) xx

      Delete
  2. Ohh I hope you feel better soon!! This is such a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LittleMonster, it's been a rough week but thankfully I am on the mend now! :) I'm glad you like this shade! xx

      Delete
  3. lovely peach shade! love the finish too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like the finish, it seems to divide people on whether or not they like it! xx

      Delete
  4. I hope you get well soon! Your post makes sense, it's a good review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eva.D! Glad you guys could understand me, haha :) xx

      Delete
  5. I love the color but I don't like as much the finish of it and that the duo-chrome effect is not that visible. But is sure looks nice on your nails! I wish all the best for you, take care and get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Manases, I know exactly what you mean about the finish. I would say it looks a little more metallic in person but this isn't one of my faves! Thank you for the kind words! xx

      Delete
  6. Looks good but i was hoping for more mettalic effect ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia! I know what you mean, it looks a little lack-lustre at times! xx

      Delete
  7. A beautiful shade and I like the duochrome. Hope you'll feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emelie! I am feeling much better now, thankfully! xx

      Delete
  8. This color suits you wonderfully! It is delicate but bright and the color shift is also pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Stadtwaldvogel! I'm still sort of unsure about how I feel when I wear this polish but I do think it can be quite flattering! xx

      Delete
  9. Have you tried layering it over a dark base? I always feel the need to use a dark underwear for whatever looks duochrome! I think a black or dark purple would really make it pop, and maybe you'd love it more that way! Give it a second chance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know, I didn't even think of that! Thank you, what a brilliant idea! I am certainly going to have to try that :) xx

      Delete
  10. This is gorgeous! I loooove duochromes.
    (^o^)

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig