Ithi's Attempted Marble-Fail.

Allo polish Pals!
How are you all doing, did you have a fantastic weekend? This weekend I decided to revisit something I have failed at on a couple of occasions. I in fact got so stressed out previously trying to do this that I didn't attempt for maybe around 6 months? I finally cracked out the polish and pot of water and attempted yet again to successfully do water marble nails. Did it work? I'm not so sure..
A Very Messy Attempt..
The Cuticle Mess Was Very Tricky To Clean.     


I'm personally once again left very unimpressed of my attempt ~ however this is the best attempt I've had so far. I HATE how messy my cuticles are. I used tape to help prevent polish getting to them but clearly it just wasn't enough. My after clean up with a Q tip didn't help as it wouldn't cleanly remove the excess polish but rather remove what needed to stay on. I also had a water bubble on my second finger which then left it when a 'dent' look after it had popped.


On the plus side.. I did learn a few things. 1. I need to use a bigger cup. 2. I needed to make the patterns smaller so I could actually get that 'typical marble look' to fit nicely onto the nail. 3. I could have done with just one coat of Nubar's White Tip as I feel two coats made this look very thick.


So while I still consider this a disaster I think if I keep on practicing I will get closer to achieving it! I am determined to be able to do this well one day!

Hope you all have a great start to the weekend,
Love
Ithi
x
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Ithi, now you're being too hard on yourself! I think this mani looks gorgeous,the colours you used combine perfectly! I love it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nati! I guess even an attempt is a step closer to getting it 100% how I want it, right? :) xx

      Delete
  2. At least you are brave enough to try. I still haven't plucked up the courage. I think your colours look fab xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess, it seriously took a lot for me to want to attempt it again! Thank you! xx

      Delete
  3. I know how you feel about water marbling! It's torture! I don't think I ever want to do it again. The clean up is too much hassle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I think I'll try covering the fingers/cuticles in vaseline next time, not sure if that will work but the tape seemed pointless!

      Delete
  4. Ithfifi, what are you saying? Your mani is great. I wish I could do it as good as you do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stefanies! I can be a bit hard on myself sometimes!

      Delete
  5. Please tell me the name of this Essie polish...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Stefanie, The Blue was 'Beach Bum Blu' and the purple was 'Sexy Divide' :)

      Delete
  6. You are braver than I am. I haven't even tried to do a water marble mani. Yours looks good though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think its pretty! wouldn't call it a fail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i don't think this is a fail at all... ur way too hard on urself! i think it's fab... the colour combo is really nice!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig