First Ever Mani Recreation : Rockin' The Peacock

Allo polish Pals!
Hope you are all doing well? How was your weekend? I had a really lovely girls day on Saturday with my sister-in-law; she spoilt me terribly and I am so grateful, I love spending time with her. She has a wicked sense of humor! – I think sometimes its important to have just girly days like that. I was also happy to discover one of our drug stores here in Holland is now carrying Sinful Colors – Wahoo! For today's post I am showing you a recreation of my first ever manicure that I posted here. I am not 100% happy with this new version but I think its still a big difference and hopefully an improvement on the original.
Left: My first version which I created two years ago, Right: Funked up version!

On my thumb, middle and ring finger I began by applying two coats of Hema's Green Chameleon and used Color Club's 'Cold Metal' and Fearne's 'High Tide' to create a gradient (a lot less noticeable then I wanted it – sad face, boo boo) I then used Barry M's 'Gold Foil' to add the peacock feather by using the Nail Craze stamping plate 01. On my remaining fingers I used two coats of 'High Tide' and added Sinful Color's 'Nail Junkie' glitter on top. I finished it off by adding some golden holo hexagons.


What do you think of both manicures? Do you prefer the original or my recreation?
I think I'll still recreate this again one day, I want to get the perfect peacock look!

Have a lovely day!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Great improvement even though I like both styles! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, both design are very good but I think the second one is more advanced and it is noticeable you love playing with colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. both manicures are nice ! the newest has big contrast ! love it !

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely to see your first nail art creation!
    And your second version looks even more pretty! ;)

    xx julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both but the new one attracts me more, probably because of the glitter :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your recreation shows how skilled you have become! I am glad you finally found a Kruidvat that has Sinful Colors :) I own the same teal glitter topper and have to try it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing. I really like it :-) It is good to compare now and then :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love the nail colors you used for this design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colours you picked for the recreation are just beautiful and of course the peacock feather is one of my all time favourite stamping images xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The new version is much better. You used gorgeous polishes for this mani.

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty, you can really see the improvement :) for my 2nd blogaversary I revisited my first mani too! Great minds :)

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig