The Flaky Zebra

Allo polish Pals!
How are you today? Have you had a productive day? Since I'm still battling with my illness and working out how to get sick less often (You'd think after around 10 years of this it would all be sussed out by now, Hah, such is life.) On the plus side I did some easy house-work and will enjoy tonight with some of my favorite new shows and nail painting; I also have Mr Bravo home with me tonight so I can't complain! Today's look was a little 'trial and error'. Animal print terrifies me, I never wear zebra print on clothing or hand bags... But let's see how I cope with it on my nails!
On my thumb and middle finger I started with two coats of China Glaze's 'Flyin' High' and applied a generous amount of Zoya's 'Maisie' (One of my very rare but well loved flakies) on top. I finished these off by adding two gems. 
 On all my other nails I began with one thin coat of Barry M's 'Matte White' and once dried applied another thin coat of DA's #103. I then created some zebra striped decals using W7'S 'Black' and the Cheeky nail stamping plate #02. I finished these nails off by applying 'Flyin' High' and 'Maisie' on the tips and used my Kiss stripe pens to define the angle slightly.

What do you think of these nails? Do you like the combination of stripes with greeny/blue?

Have a great day!
Love
Ithi
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. I really like this manicure!
    It looks just soo stunning, well done ;)

    Xx Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the title of this post :). These are stunning and look like they took you hours. The flakie over the blue is just beautiful too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you, Lou! I was stuck for name idea's but it made me smile. Thank you, they really did and the first time I ended up destroying them by accident so it was a double-over! I'm glad you love the flakies too :) xx

      Delete
  3. I think you've done it again, a beautiful manicure, I love the pattern against the blue colour. Gorgeous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann-Sofie! I'm really glad you like it :) xx

      Delete
  4. hello Ithi.hope you are better !love your soften version of zebra nails, and diagonail nail art ! it goes well with blue ,black and white combinaton ! i like it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bubica! I'm still a little sick but getting better! I'm really glad you like the combination :) <3 xx

      Delete
    2. you are welcome , ITHI , love to see your nail art always something different and new !

      Delete
  5. This combo is pretty unusual but looks great! I am a sucker for flakies. Hope you will get healthier, hun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree its unusual, I'm not really sure why I even decided that Flyin' high would be ok with zebra but you have to try, right? :P You and me both! I simple do not own enough flakies! Thank you so much for the well wishes! xx

      Delete
  6. oh the flakies! :) that teal polish is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can never have enough flakies! :) Yes flyin' high is really pretty both on its own and dressed up! xx

      Delete
  7. I like this! I'm not that into wearing leopard or zebra pattern on bags, clothing etc (I think it can have some old lady ´vibes to it if worn wrong...) but I LOVE wearing it on my nails! It has gone so far that I actually bought some zebra patterned heels! But that's the furthest I will go! LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg Gelic, YES! That's the vibe I get too, I couldn't quite put my finger on why I wasn't sure of prints but now you've summed it up perfectly, ha :) Zebra heels I think can look really cute. I agree with it on the nails now, I thought I'd want to get it off asap but I surprised myself by keeping it on a few days! <3 xx

      Delete
  8. I hope you are ok and feeling better! I love animal prints and i love these nails! i think turquoise looks beautiful with zebra print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Little Monster, I am really glad you think so. I feel honored that you like the pairing and your an animal print fan :D <3 xx

      Delete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig