Marble and Red Roses Nail Art

Allo polish Pals!

I hope you are all having an awesome start to your week. Have you been up to anything exciting?

On Thursday my store hosted a beauty gala event which was so much fun, We had loads of people come in with their tickets and enjoy make overs, refreshments, discounts across cosmetics and fragrance. It was so much fun to be apart of.

Did you know that June 12th is red rose day? I love discovering all these little quirky days of the year! June 12th just so happens to be my mothers birthday too so putting the two together seemed like an awesome idea and little tribute.

I absolutely adore my mother, I know everyone says that but without her I wouldn't be here (and not just because she gave me life!) She's supported me through the years in every way possible, through my teenage years when I suffered deep depression and self harm, she never lots her patience with me. She's encouraged me and nurtured my creative side and is one of the kindest people I know. She'll always go out of her way for people and has a wonderful heart. Thank you Skeebab.




Do you want to know a secret? I hate painting flowers! I actually hate the whole process. Its so hard! I find I have to really focus and work hard at them. I don't think they turned out too bad although towards the end each rose was just looking like a blob to me!

For this design I began with my usual base coat, OPI Nail Envy and once dried I applied two thin coats of ORLY's 'White Tips'. Once my beautiful white was dry I moved in with a lick of Barry M's 'Plumpy' top coat and started with my acrylics. I had never done a marble effect in this style before but I used black and white acrylic paints to mix some different shades of grey which I dabbed on randomly. I mixed a darker grey to create the veining affect through the marble and topped off with traces of gold. To give the entire look a more pearly finish I used watered down white metallic paint to add as a 'wash' – giving it a subtle and shimmery effect.

What do you think of my roses design? Do you like seeing floral nail art ideas?

Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you have an amazing day – keep smiling and being awesome. I'll catch you again on Thursday!

 
Love,
Ithi
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Wowww....I love it! that marble effect and roses are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really like this marble effect. Again, you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous tribute to your mum Ithi, both the words and the amazing nail art. Love how you did the marbling, it looks so real and the roses definitely don't look like blobs to me. Stunning as always

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nails are amazing. Great job on the marbling as well. Roses are my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great nail art you have produced here, I think it is perfect for a summer wedding! The marble effect is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful and lovely tribute to your mom! These nails are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For not enjoying the process, your end result came out amazing!! And it's even more special that you did it for your mom. What a sweet relationship you two have!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig