Freehand Firefly Jar Nail Art

Allo polish Pals!

How're you all doing? I hope you had an amazing weekend, did you get up to any mischief? Luckily I had Saturday off but I was back in on Sunday and I'm working straight through until Friday now.

Luckily they are not long shifts so I have been using the most with my morning time by throwing myself back into fitness which has felt quite rewarding (and sore) Its quite nice to get a few miles done before I have to go to work. Besides the increase of shifts there's not much else going on, I am sort of plodding along and looking forward to when I will have a little more time for painting if I am honest!

I didn't really know what I was painting before I began this design, all I knew was that I wanted something magical looking.. I'm not sure I achieved it.








For this design I began with OPI's Nail Envy base coat and allowed a minute or two to dry. I then used two coats of ORLY's 'Good Karma' for a nice strong blue background. On top of this I added a thin coat of Polish Me, Royalty's 'Unicornicopia' for a beautiful scattered holographic sprinkling.

I then moved on with my acrylics using metallic blues, purples and teal to create a floaty/smokey/water colour effect. I created all my small details with my beloved Pure Color brush in size 10. Finally I sealed in the design with two coats of Pro-FX top coat and eventually added my Barry M matte top coat.

Do you think this design looks magical? What other magical looking scenes would you like to see me paint?

Thank you so much for stopping by, don't be shy, come say hi in the comments! I hope you have an amazing day. I'll see you again on Thursday!


Love,
Ithi

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Yup, that's magical Ithi. Love the effect that the 'Unicornicopia' creates. Wouldn't it be amazing if you could get that in a huge bottle so you could paint a whole wall with the stuff. Have you ever done any famous artists painting as nail art? I was wondering how van Gogh's starry, starry night would work, or even something from Salvador Dalí

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig