Freehand Seahorse Nail Art

Allo polish Pals!

How are you all doing today? I hope you had a fantastic weekend filled with sunshine. I sure enjoyed mine, I was due a little work break. I enjoyed taking my niece and nephew to the park, frolicking in the sun. I finally had some time to sit down and paint – I think painting is one of those things that relaxes me so it felt good to have a little time out from everything else.

Did you watch the royal wedding?! Oh my god.. I am such a sucker. As soon as Meghan was out of the car I welled up at the sight of her dress. I don't think I'll ever get married myself and that's fine but I still love to see the dresses and the loving looks the bride and groom exchange. What a softie, huh?

Anyway, lets move on to some nail art, I could chatter about all sorts all day long otherwise!

Today's nail art is inspired by the current theme over at Tiny Canvas which is seahorses, you may remember this design I did a while ago.. I wanted to do something better.

I can't participate in all the challenges any more due to work – and the fact that the themes are now voted by the members which means I don't know what theme it will be in advance. You guys know how organised I am and how I like to plan my posts. Having a theme and having to do it in three days if I am working is just too much pressure. Still. I got this one done! 

  
 


 
 
 
 
I feel like there is very little to say about this design.. I just painted. I know that's so unhelpful.
I began with OPI's 'Nail Envy' base coat, I am literally recommending this to anyone who wants stronger and longer nails. Next I painted one thin coat of ORLY's 'White Tips' and once dry applied a thin layer of Pro-FX top coat.

With my sexy blank canvas prepared I then moved in with my pure colour brush in size 10 and a multitude of acrylic paints. Once finished with the design I then sealed it in with a futher two coats of top coat and eventually added Barry M's matte top coat on after.

What do you think of my seahorse family? What's your favourite aquatic creature?

Thank you so much for visiting today, my loves! Have a wonderful start to your week, may it be filled with glitter and wonder! I'll catch you again on Thursday.

Love,
Ithi
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Awwww beyond cute Ithi. You have such a great eye for the small details that turn art into a story. The little seahorse on the right looks like she got a fright just before she ventured off of the safety of your fingers. And those bubbles. It makes it look alive. Beautifully done

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn’t watch the Royal Wedding, but I’ve seen videos & pictures. They are such a stunning couple!
    I really like this design! It’s so cute. I love the seahorse. My favorite aquatic animal is the manatee. 😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this?! I don't think I'd ever have the skills to do this on my own though. Your nails look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so creative! I love the blue and the shadowing that you have placed on each and every nail. Spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i never saw a painting in nails. Does it stay long? I'm an artist and wanna try painting my nails too. Im just worried that I might use some of those materials that are harmful to my nails.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another really sweet nail art, you are definitely progressing this one is amazing. Lovely to hear that you had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this is such a an awesome nail art. I would love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so cute Ithi! I love sea horses and you have done your mani perfectly! I admire your free hand skills :*

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful nail art pattern and love your imagination as everytime you have something new.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so talented and always do amazing things with your nails,I can't even pretend to understand how it's done but it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed royal wedding with my sisters! They both had to be at some places but they were late because they stayed to watch it, it was amazing :D

    This is amazing!! You have such a still hand and eye for details. I would love to do it like you!!

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig