3d Bumble Bee Nail Art

Allo polish Pals!

How are you all doing today? I hope you are having an awesome week so far.

Two more days left at work and then a nice two day weekend. I got pulled into work last Sunday, I received a phone call from my manager about 9.30am. I was already up.. but I ummed and ahhed.. I figured that they must be really short staffed to call me in so I went into work.

But this weekend I am looking forward to two whole days of family time, painting and of course the royal wedding is this weekend. I DO want to see what Meghan's dress is like, is anyone else curious?!

Today's nail art is...er. Hit and miss and very experimental. I'm not sure how I feel about it.











The reason I am not sure about this design is because.. no faces. I tried to paint some cute little faces onto the bee's but it just wasn't happening. I think that throws the whole design. I am pleased with the thumb bee because I am happy with how his wings turned out. I'll explain how I made them in a second.

So for this design I began with an entirely clean, blank canvas. I used OPI's Nail Envy base coat and once dry applied two coats of ORLY's 'White Tips'. I allowed a little time for this to try (hardly though, the Breathable formula dries so fast!) Once everything was dry I moved in with my acrylic paints, creating a blue to light blue acrylic-gradient to make my sky. I used my Pure Color brush in a size 10 for all the details.

The bee's are made from polymer clay, I made them into little pill shapes and baked them in the oven for 20 minutes. Once cooled I painted them with stripes and allowed the paint to dry. In the mean time I created the wings by smearing a small amount of gel to a plastic polly pocket (the plastic things you put paper in) and cured it under my UV lamp. I then added a mixture of Barry M's 'Diamond Glitter' and Polish Me, Royalty's 'Unicornicopia' to give the wings some glitter.
I added one more layer of gel and cured for a final time.

To add the bee's onto my nails I used a fairly old, very tacky top coat. Using a dotting tool I applied a blob of top coat where I would be placing my bees.

3D nail designs are so much fun, there's a lot of preparation and planning that goes into them before you start painting. Sometimes they rock, sometimes they suck. I would say this design is somewhere in between as I don't like it as much as my sushi nail art I posted recently.

What do you thin k of this unusual design? Bumble bees – cute or scary!?

Have a wonderful day my loves, thank you so much for stopping by and enduring some more of my crazy. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, I'll see you on Monday!




Love,
Ithi
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Indeed experimental with bumble bee. Fun to watch. Though I may not like to have bumble bee on my nail because personally bee does not attract me. Butterfly does.But I like greatly the wings of your bumble bee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're enjoying your weekend off! I also watch The Royal Wedding. It was amazing. I really love the bees especially their wings. So creative, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great. I love how the bumble bee is 3d how very creative indeed. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're definitely cute! I would probably fail more than you in the drawing-the-face section so if I end up recreating these for my nails and for the kids, I'd skip the same part. But I'll try to use the same brands you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you are so honest about your designs and don't try to pretend they are all perfect (as in making them)... Does the polymer bee fall of easily?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love bumble-bee part, something so new and 3D, for once it look so real. very creative and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! what fabulous precision. This would definitely be a hit at teen slumber parties!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I would have rather faces painted o your bees indeed. No that I don't find your idea so original and perfectly executed! I just happen to love the nice expressive faces you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it. I love this. You are so talented but I am sure you already know that. Great post

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig