Freehand Star Constellations Nail Art

Allo polish Pals!

How are you all doing today? I hope you've had a wonderful and relaxing weekend – or even a long weekend if you are in the UK. I've been working quite a lot this past week (looking forward to a day off tomorrow!) which has been really nice. I have to say I am so happy with the girls I work with, they really are such a lovely bunch. I enjoy my job but when everyone in your work place is so kind and wonderful it makes a job even better, I think!

On Saturday I managed to raise over £40 for breast cancer in the space of an hour and a half to two hours which isn't bad when your standing by the store entrance. Some people do look like you've just asked them for rabies so I was pleased with the result and wish I could have done it for longer.

Today's nail art was a little trial and error, you know how I love painting skies, be it daytime or night time but I wanted to try something a little different with my background. I think it turned out pretty interesting!








For this design I began with my trusty OPI Nail Envy base coat and once dried I applied two coats of ORLY's Breathable nail polish in 'Good Karma'. Since the Breathable nail polish formlar is so amazing and dries incredibly fast I was ready to paint in no time. For the background I used a whole mixture of metallic acrylic paints, I painted them on in lines, sort of.

I then used my beloved Pure Color brush in size 10 for all the smaller and finer details. To seal the design in I used two coats of Pro-FX top coat and eventually added Barry M's matte top coat for a beautiful and smooth effect.

I kinda like how this design turned out. It's different. Different isn't always bad. I kinda wish I had made the constellations into some kind of shape though, maybe a heart or something might have been cute.

What do you guys think of my starry constellation nail art? Would you wear a sky scene on your nails?

Have an amazing day my loves, thank you so much for stopping by. I'll catch you again on Thursday for some more nail art fun.




Love,
Ithi

SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Congrats on raising that money for breast cancer Ithi, that's awesome and it's such a worthy cause too. Love how your nails look BTW. It's so subtle and beautiful. It makes me think of a french manicure from the future or some alternative universe. Really lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to raise money for breast cancer, it is a really important cars! I love what you did here in your nail art, the colors came together beautifully that reflects the night sky so well! Evelyn, PathofPresence

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this star-y scape! If only I didn't bite my nails, I would love to have such an amazing and fun piece of art on my nails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I am happy you were able to raise money for breast cancer. I also love the way the nails look. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything that has to do with stars, space and constellations are my weaknesses! I'm pretty sure the kids and I are going to try this nail art, I just wish I had the same ORLY's nail polish, they really work wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am obsessed with your starry constellation nail art. It definitely looks unique and would be a great conversation starter, that's for sure! I love the color choices and the overall tone of your theme. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great that you were raising money for sucb a wonderful cause. Really like these nails. Amazing how detailed you are able to be on your nails like this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much has happened since I have read your blog. Congrats on the job! Love the sky scene. I would not be able to do it personally, but it looks awesome on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did an amazing job raising money for such a great cause! The nail art is so beautiful Ithi, so perfect star constellations, love the details and finish. The colors and shades mix and match so perfectly to give that effect. Absolutely a fan of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love this one, you did a great job on bringing stars and the constellations to life on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ithi! I hope you had a nice day off! I love your manicure and I had no idea there were metallic acrylic paints! they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to hear that you are enjoying your job. You are doing your best Ithi! This sky is very different and very attractive. Love the entire look. Very well done! <3

    ReplyDelete

♥Thank you so much for visiting today. I always love to read your thoughts and comments so don't be a stranger, come join in!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig